As you follow our DIY adventures, we think it’s important that you know a little bit about each of our styles. You may be more neutral and traditional like Bridget, or more colorful and contemporary like Casey. Check out our style boards to see our must-haves and see where you measure up…
1. Traditional. I like how this clock adds function, style, and tradition to any room. It’s never too late (pun intended) to add accents and a little charm to your space.
2. Coral. A great way to add texture and feel like you are living in a cottage on the east coast. Need I say more?
3. Being from the suburbs of Chicago, this masterpiece reminds me of all the wonderful memories I have growing up around Chicago. My parents were amazing and made a point to expose us to the city as much as possible.This particular place in Chicago is one of our favorites. It’s the place where we gather to watch the river turn green on St. Patrick’s Day each year…. one of my favorite traditions. (Plus, you can’t go wrong with some vintage travel artwork).
4. Organization is really important to me and these fabulous metal bins from Home Goods offer organization that is affordable & stylish! I love the hint of industrial that these baskets offer and appreciate their versatility. I use them in my guest bedroom to hold towels, my bathroom to hold clutter, my bedroom for storage and my family room to organize books.
5. Recently, I started my own little collection of globes. Garage Sales, Estate Sales, Thrift Stores… I’m always on the look out for these treasures. They bring a taste of vintage to any space…. plus they make any room more well-rounded.
6. Industrial pendants like this one from Urban Archaeology make me swoon. I’m on the look out for new lighting in our space and I can’t resist a fixture just like this! Industrial meets rustic meets vintage… yes please!
7.From a home of two teachers, we love the hint of classroom that this chalkboard from Amazon.com brings. We haven’t tackled any large chalkboard projects just yet, but we definitely have some big ideas on the way! Stay tuned…
8. I am quite the sucker for all things stripes, especially navy and white stripes. To me, stripes mix my love for nautical with hints of “preppy-ness”. Our master bedroom has a rug similar to this from West Elm, but this pattern can be incorporated just about anywhere. Pillows, sheets, artwork, towels, a shower curtain, napkins…. you just can’t go wrong with thick stripes.
9. I strive to make my home as comfy and cozy as possible and cable knit pillows like these seem to be just the ticket. Nothing screams out come cuddle like this cozy cushion. Plus, lots and lots of pillows are a must to create a cozy space that make you feel home sweet home.
1. Throw pillows are the perfect way to add a pop of color and personality into your home. I have a love for anchors and you’ll see many throughout our home. So this pillow from Joss & Main was a must for my style board. I also heart chevrons..so I could definitely see this Target pillow getting comfy on our couch.
2. I die over this chair. It has such a clean contemporary look, but the nailhead trim adds a dramatic touch. A chair like this could work great in our master bedroom for a little reading nook.
3. How about this crafty little bar cart from Crate & Barrel? I’ve already posted about our $20 bar cart, but if we ever want to upgrade this one would be next in line! It provides stylish storage and would be a hit at any party.
4. I’m pretty much obsessed with chalkboard everything! We actually made our own DIY chalkboard with an old frame (spray painted white) and sheet metal (painted with chalkboard paint). It’s displayed in our kitchen and it is always fun to write sweet notes or to-do lists right up there.
5. You’ll find many, many baskets around our place. We live in a loft and don’t have a ton of storage options so baskets help conceal our clutter. I especially love baskets with tops like this one, so everyone doesn’t have to see what is inside.
6. The pattern and color on this rug are fantastic! The subtle blue would work great in our home, and the pattern is right on trend.
7. You won’t find any living plants in our home (I have a very brown thumb!), but we do have a few fake ones around the house. They bring a bit of nature and greenery into our space. This succulent is a very cute find.
8. This media console is FANTASTIC! I want, I want, I want! I love the distressed wood and industrial look. The draw pulls are adorable, and you could hide all types of goodies in those drawers. Fabulous TV stand to splurge on one day…
We love to share our ideas and photographs with you. Feel free to use an image from our site, as long as it is accompanied by a link back to DIY Playbook. Failure to link back and credit DIY Playbook as a source constitutes a copyright violation. For full disclosure of all blog policies regarding comments, advertising, copyright, and other matters please look here.