Deco-paint (3-4 colors)
A pair of white canvas shoes (I picked mine up for around four bucks at Walmart, but I know Payless Shoes, K-mart & even Target carry these as well).
One thing I do like about how these turned out is the top/front of the shoe. I taped the shoe in a way that the toe area would have a solid color, and I really did like how that turned out. You, of course, don’t have to create yours this way, it just worked for me.
When I was done taping the first shoe, I tried to mirror the tape job on the second shoe. It’s definitely not perfect (actually, you don’t even really have to do both shoes the same if you don’t want to), but I tried. With so much “going on” all over the shoe, if you miss an area or if one part is completely different than the other shoe’s equal part- I really don’t think anyone would be able to notice.
I started off with the mini paint brush, but realized I liked using a small sponge brush instead; both are completely acceptable! I painted all of the untaped areas by switching off shades of green (trying to make sure the same shade of green was never next to itself). I followed that same color pattern on both shoes.
Once both shoes were painted, I let the paint dry (only took about 1/2 hour…. tops).
I peeled off the tape and realized that I loved the green but didn’t love the large strips of white that were still remaining. If you love the design more simple like this, you’re all done! But if you’re like me and want MORE color, repeat the taping & painting process once again.
But if you’re not in the market for hot green shoes, first let me tell you- I understand and respect that. These do have a little 80′s flair to them don’t they? However, using a variety of different colors could work for these shoes and make them far more versatile than just Irish Apparel. These could be the perfect accessory for…
- Your next tailgate party (MVP Fan with your team’s colors painted on your shoes!) You’ll probably win some extra ‘cred’ from your +1 too #bonuspoints
- Baseball season is right around the corner, any die hard fans out there?
- These could be perfect for kids (in their favorite colors or even in their school colors… go team, go!)
- Any fellow teachers in the crowd? I know us teachers are always in the market for something that reflects school spirit on Fridays! #helloreasontowearjeans
- Teenage Craft Night- because what teenage girl doesn’t want to gossip about what the boys are up to while crafting with her BFF’s?! Plus, the girls will already have something to wear on Monday without having to try on everything in their closets Sunday Night.
- Easter’s around the corner, this is dripping with easter basket potential if you ask me! I can see it now – - little feet running to find easter eggs in these little pastel kicks.
- The possibilities are endless really!
Regardless of how you make these colorful kicks work for you, all I know is…
1. I will be rocking these green kicks as I celebrate all things Irish this weekend
And 2. I will never be a shoe model