Sorry to keep you waiting so long on these Spring Makeover updates, it’s been a little crazy around here & we are finallyyy back with some scoop on our Lowe’s Spring Makeover Trip. For those of you who missed the initial posts, allow us to bring you up to speed:
1. Lowe’s invited us to participate in a Spring Makeover Blitz with 9 other bloggers (see the list here)
2. Each blogger was assigned to visit one of the bleakest cities of 2015 (thanks to a brutal winter!) in order to makeover a deserving resident’s space for spring.
3. We were assigned Buffalo, NY <– a city neither of us has ever been to!
4. And that’s where we left off…
Now that we have kicked off the planning process, we have officially “met” the family behind this space via phone/email and were able to get more details on the outdoor space we will be making over with the help of some amazing Lowe’s volunteers.
Fast forward to real time: we are actually heading to Buffalo, NY TODAY to get started on this patio! If all goes as planned we will be starting and finishing our 24 hour makeover this weekend. Actually whether things go as planned or not, we have no choice but to be done by Sunday when we will be headed back to Chicago.
Through several emails and lots of planning, we worked together with this adorable family to come up with a look that they loved and would enjoy all summer long! Like we mentioned in times past, making over a space for someone else is S-C-A-R-Y because we want to make sure they loveeee it. Here’s what we’re striving for…
… but let’s be real, 24 hours doesn’t leave us much time to do all the projects we want to. And just the thought of possible rain in the forecast literally makes our heart rates skyrocket instantly. #breathe
Beyond some of the DIY & landscaping plans we have up our sleeves, here are the gorgeous products we hope to incorporate to transform this patio:
1. Loveseat & Table Combo <– with NAVY cushions… swoooonnnn
2. Set of two chairs <– we love that we can mix & match the sets so the patio furniture isn’t too matchy-matchy.
3. Garden Stools that double as extra seating (or can hold small planters)
5. Outdoor Bar Cart
6. Allen + Roth Planters <– these colors though.
7. Italian Lights
8. Outdoor Pillows
The plan is to be back in Chicago Sunday night, back to our jobs Monday morning, and squeezing in photo editing during the evenings next week before the big REVEAL here on the DIY Playbook next Friday. Wow, there goes that heart rate again….
As you’re reading this, you can bet we are heading east, frantically double checking our to-do lists, and praying that our tools make it safely to Buffalo. If you want updates before next week’s reveal, make sure you follow our shenanigans on our Instagram, Twitter and Facebook feeds.
Disclaimer: We have partnered with Lowe’s to bring you this post. All opinions & photography are our own and are not influenced by Lowe’s. Thank you for supporting the brands that help support this blog!