It’s safe to say we’ve had a crazy start to 2016. It’s been so.darn.busy. For a short month, it sure was a full one. Let’s take a look back at all of the posts from February.
On the DIY Playbook:
- A lucite letter DIY that’s oh-so-simple
- This bathtub tray has come in handy this winter!
- Casey’s BFF turned the big 6-0!
- A few updates in the Casa de Finn
- That’s one big trophy! And yes, it’s still moving around our home on the reg
- The lazy way to use your fireplace
- Mr. Matkovich has sported some new neck ties this month thanks to this genius organizational project
- A look at some of our favorite items lately
- Bridget makes progress in her bedroom and then reveals her gorgeous built-ins!
- You just never know what those boys are gonna say! Our husbands spill the beans on what it’s really like being married to us #uhoh
- Read this before you go shopping for new home accessories
- Casey is on her way to having a Smart House of her own!
- Do you have these 6 vases in your home?
- Proof that we have no idea what we’re doing when it comes to makeup #clueless
- A no-sew window treatment (our kinda project!)
- B takes her junk drawer to the next level
- Casey reveals her plans for her family room
In other news:
- For anyone looking for some easy tips and tricks on styling your shelves or bookcases, you may want to check out our amazingly talented friend Heather’s (from the Decor Fix) new Bookshelf Styling ONLINE CLASS!
- YESSSS…. for $29 you can sign up for her virtual class and get the step-by-step guide to styling your bookshelves like a Pinterest Goddess! Pretty amazing, right? Just wanted to pass that along for those of you who may be interested.
- In other “we’re so excited to share” news — we HAVE to share details on YOUR chance to attend the Michaels Makers Summit this year. Remember last year when we traveled to Sonoma, CA with the Michaels creative team?! Well, Michaels is inviting 50 more creative people to join in on the fun this September! <—– YES…. this could be YOU!!!
- This video gives you a little overview of last year’s summit (and here’s our recap post from the trip). To enter for a chance to attend this year’s amazing Summit in September, all you have to do is upload a photo of a project you have created with material from Michaels HERE and you’ll be entered to win! <– you don’t even need a blog, just a LOVE for creativity. How amazing is that?!
Behind the Blog This Month
In January’s recap, I was in Colorado celebrating my mom’s 60th birthday. We’ve now been back for quite some time, but the memories we made on the trip will last forever.
It was everything we wanted it to be and much more. We skiied a couple of days (turns out it’s like riding a bike and I felt comfortable after a couple runs!), enjoyed our cozy cabin, and I got to spend some quality time with my favorite godson. All in all a great trip with my amazing family. We couldn’t have asked for a better winter escape to celebrate my mom’s 60th!
The rest of the month has been pretty crazy! I’ve been working a lot, and picked up a few side freelance projects. So when I’m not producing Weekend Workbench, I’m working on other TV gigs, working on the blog, and trying to squeeze in some fun times with that man of mine. Speaking of which…
Finn & I enjoyed a very laid-back Valentine’s Day. We hit up an arcade for some games & mimosas, baked cookies, and even built a fort to watch movies in all day. We’re 28 going on 8 and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
My March is going to be JAMPACKED. I’m heading to Arizona to see my grandma, and then I have 3 weekends of back-to-back DIY projects with Bridget. Let the guest room makeover commence….
This month is one that I will NEVER forget… like ever!! I was sitting at my dining room table on the morning of Valentine’s Day with Matt and my little sister Maggie. As we chatted over coffee, we see my older sister and her hubby walking up the driveway. We were shocked that they came over early on a Sunday morning without telling us they were stopping by? This was totally out of the “norm”.
They came in the door and quickly explained that they were in the area running errands and just stopped by to say hi, which made more sense. We all sat down and Katie hands Maggie and I a Valentine card. Awwww…. how sweet is she?!
As we opened the Valentine’s cards, we realized that our valentines were addressed to Aunt Bridget and Aunt Maggie. Sayyy whaaaaaattttt?!!!! It didn’t take us long to all start FREAKING OUT as we realized our big sister was expecting!!!!!!!!!!
In true sister fashion, the freak-out was quickly followed by about 100 follow-up questions. Hahaha poor Katie. As she fielded each question patiently, our parents (soon-to-be grandparents!) magically showed up at doorstep with champagne (and apple juice for KT). We toasted to Joe & Katie and could NOT stop talking about the arrival of the newest member of the Chestnut Club!!
To say we’re excited is quite the understatement! #bestvalentinesdayever
Bring on the auntie advice guys…. I need all the help I can get!! =)
PS. Do you follow us on Instagram?! We are celebrating our 20,000-th follower and would love for you to join our Insta team! If you already follow along, a big ol’ thank YOU to you! We heart you… and will be gushing a lot more about that during the DIY Playbook’s BIRTHDAY week next week (woo-woo… we are way too excited)!! Have a great weekend, see you on Monday.