We know that it’s Saturday, which is not a typical posting day here on the DIY Playbook, but we wanted to check-in with some amazing Memorial Day sales before it was too late. We also want everyone to have a chance to unplug and enjoy their day off on Monday, so we decided to post today instead of on Monday.
Shopping with Intention
Today we are rounding up ALL of the amazing Memorial Day deals around the web AND dishing on some of our favorite finds on Nordstrom’s Half Yearly Sale. You know we are not about “buying just to buy” so we definitely aren’t encouraging you to go out and buy all the things just because they’re on sale. We are sharing these deals in case you had your eyes on something special or have a pricey item on your shopping list that you haven’t gotten around to buying just yet.
We’ve found that this weekend offers some of the lowest prices, so we’re a little more likely to finally pull the trigger knowing that it will equal extra savings in the long run! And let’s be honest here, who doesn’t love SAVING?!
Nordstrom’s Half Yearly Sale – By Category
So without further ado, let’s start out with our favorites from Nordstrom’s BIG SALE (by category) and then we’ll dive into the deals around the web.
I hardly ever buy new watches, usually I find one I love and wear it for a couple of years. But whenever I am in the market for a new watch I wait until one of these Nordstrom sales because I can score them on sale. After two years with the one I wear on repeat, I’m thinking of replacing it with this one.
I don’t need another pair of sunglasses this year but these are so cute… and 40% off!?!
Other Accessories that caught our eye:
We get a lot of questions about these gym shoes and this almost identical pair (in black + pink) are on sale. We love them!
Other Shoes that caught our eye:
We love Zella because their products are high quality, they’re comfortable and they LAST! These leggings are adorable…and you just can’t beat the price!!
Crushing on this jumpsuit, so adorable!
You know we can’t resist stripes & this comfy striped tee for under $20 is calling our name.
How cozy does this peplum top look? Perfect for a chilly summer evening…and only $30!
Other Items that caught our eye:
Both of our husbands need a few more layers for our upcoming trip to Iceland and this North Face jacket for under $100 may make the cut! I’m sure either of them would get lots of use out it all fall/winter long. Or this Nike hoodie that is a bit more lightweight.
We’re loving this option too! Plus North Face rarely goes on sale, so this is an awesome time to buy.
Ray Bans for only $82! That is a steal.
Because our wonderful hubbies are constantly stealing our no-show socks, we are buying them some of these. 50% off and $5 for a set?! Yes!
Other Men’s Items that caught our eye:
Other Holiday Sales
- Wayfair: up to 70% off!
- Target: Up to 30% Patio Furniture/Accessories with an extra 10% off with code SPRING
- World Market: Extra 15% off and free shipping on $150+ with code MAYSAVE (note: this deal ends Monday!). Plus select patio furniture on sale
- Gap: 50% off all full price items with an extra 20% off with code MORE (this top is too cute!)
- Lulu & Georgia: 15%, 20%, 25% off depending how much you spend with codes HEYSUMMER15, HEYSUMMER20 & HEYSUMMER25
- Pottery Barn: 10-25% off your order depending what you spend with code SAVEMORE.
- Banana Republic: 40% your entire purchase with code BRSUMMER
- Crate & Barrel: Up to 40% off furniture
- Serena & Lily: 25% off everything with code AMAZING
- West Elm: Up to 30% off furniture with code MORELOVE and free shipping on select furniture
- LOFT: 40% off EVERYTHING (this dress would be gorgeous for a summer wedding!)
- J. CREW: 30% your entire purchase with code SWEET
- Shutterfly: 30% off Photobooks
- Macy’s: Free Shipping on orders over $49 and lots of items on sale for Memorial Day
- Overstock: 10-20% off and 25% off select Safavieh rugs!
- Nordstrom Rack: Take an additional 25% off Clearance and free shipping over $100
A Sincere ‘Thank You’
At surface level, Memorial Day means the unofficial kick-off of summer here in Chicago. The weather is finally a little warmer (although this year not exactly the case), plants are just starting to sprout ,and the excitement of an entire summer of activities is ahead. But we all know that Memorial day means SO much more than this excitement and all of these retail sales. It’s a day to stop and remember those who have fought for our country and those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice so that we can enjoy the freedoms we so often take for granted.
To both our soldiers and the loved ones back home supporting these soldiers, we sincerely thank you. This weekend we plan to unplug, take a break from the blog, and celebrate all of the amazing privileges in our lives that are only possible because of these heroes and their brave and supportive families.
Happy Memorial Day Weekend, friends! See you back here on Tuesday.