Leave a Comment
We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again..and again…and again. We’ve got a serious thing for throw pillows. In fact, you may have to call it a shopping obsession. If we see a cute decorative pillow, at a decent price, you better believe it’s hopping into our carts.
Lucky for us (& our wallets) many of our favorite stores have great pillows with inexpensive price tags. I mean, have you been to the HomeGoods pillow aisle? It makes you want to curl up and take a nap right there amongst all of the fluff, color, and pattern.
We are also big fans of Etsy, Target, and the clearance bin at West Elm for even more gorgeous pillows.
Here are a few of our favorites! (Affiliate links used for your convenience).
10 Tips for Buying Pillows
1. Find pillows with a zippered, removable cover. That way you can keep the cushion and find new covers if you’re looking to change things up. Major cost saver.
2. Zippered covers also come in handy for washing. You can easily toss it into the wash and you’re good to go!
3. We try not to spend more than $30 for a single pillow. We try and aim for $15-$20. Look for steals, sales, and clearance sections. You can find some great stuff if you’re patient.4. Avoid being too matchy-matchy. That goes for color, texture, and pattern. Change it up and you’ll have a more appealing, layered look.5. Incorporate a wide variety of pillow sizes on couches and beds.
6. As with most home decor, group pillows in odd numbers (we prefer 3’s & 5’s)7. Switch pillows from room to room around your home for a “fresh” look without a new price tag.8. Only buy pillows that you absolutely LOVE; don’t just buy to buy. If you wait for a pillow you really love, rather than just settling with what’s in stock or available, you’ll tend to use it for a lot longer and will continue to love it every time you look at it!
9. Choose pillows that fit your style… no one else’s! With Pinterest, the blogosphere & every amazing home decor magazine putting you on decor overload, sometimes it’s easy to adopt someone else’s style rather than embrace your own style. Buy pillows that fit YOUR style, even if that style is different than what’s the most pinned. You’re the one who has to cuddle up with it at the end of the day… be proud!10. When you find the perfect pillow combinations, do NOT forget the most important part – – kicking up your feet up, cozying up on that adorable couch & enjoying all of your new fluffy friends!
Leave a Comment
We’ve both come a long way in styling vignettes, but we’ve only gotten better with practice and trial & error. Whether it’s a bookshelf, a kitchen nook, or a bar cart you just gotta play around with the area and tweak it as you go.
Today we’re going to give you some tips to style the perfect coffee table. This is just a basic guide or “formula” that you can use to transform your own table to give it a look that works with your home and your style.
In fact, we even styled 2 totally different coffee table looks using the same basic techniques. So class, let’s dive into Coffee Table Styling: 101.
Leave a Comment
I’m a big fan of entertaining. It’s always so nice to have friends and family over to hang out, have a few cocktails, and eat some munchies.
We like to accommodate all of our guests with a wide variety of beverages. That’s why we’re always well stocked with a plethora of wine, hard alcohol, and fun fruity cocktails.
Our little bar cart definitely comes in handy for these occasions.
We found this little gem at a flea market a few years back for only $20 (more on that here) I think it was actually an old microwave cart but we decided to use it as a bar cart. I cleaned it up and it’s been housing our drinking accessories ever since.
Sometimes I see some really cool bar carts…but they’re overcrowded and filled to the brim with sticky syrups, glasses, and bottles and bottles of wine. Yes the cart is a great spot for storage, but oftentimes less is more. Don’t turn it into a dumping ground for all things drink-related. Instead, use it to your advantage and show off your entertaining gear in style.