While our ladies are living it up in Atlanta, they asked us to take over the blog on this lovely Friday. They must have known our post was bound to be a success, since we impressed them with our blogging and DIY skills back in April. (more about that here.)
So take note girls, we’re revealing our manly “must haves” in this edition of DIY Time Out.
1. Lacoste Cologne: Every Christmas, as sure as Santa will come down the chimney, it is just as sure that my mom will present me with a cologne gift. Lacoste has been my “staple fragrance” which is sure to turn the heads and tingle the nostrils of many-a-DIY’er.
2. Bigalow Organic Green Tea Every morning before work I used to begin my day with a cup of coffee. However, I have found a much healthier alternative which not only tastes better in my opinion, but helps keep my appetite in check throughout the day.
3. Bruce Springsteen Live in NY Album: Whenever I hear the words “Springsteen” and “New York City,” my heart skips a beat. One of my all time favorite albums is played regularly in our household. The near twenty minute rendition of “Tenth Avenue Freezeout” makes me feel like a teenage girl during “Beatle-Mania.”
4. Nalgene Water Bottle: My summer has been filled with a lot of long runs and workouts. The Nalgene Water Bottle has been attached to my hip since the beginning of July thanks to a recommendation from my brother. Thirty two ounces of water goodness is the typical finale to a long and draining work out.
5. Whiskey Ball: Whiskey on the rocks can put a little hair on any guy’s chest. Lately I’ve been adding this cocktail to my repertoire, and I always like it cold and a bit watered down. This ice sphere does the trick. It’s just a plastic spherical mold, that you fill with water, and then freeze. I add the cube to my drinks and feel extra classy when I’m sipping my whiskey.
6. Digital Wireless Headphones: Since we live in a loft (aka no privacy) I use these wireless headphones to watch TV late at night. Casey heads to bed around 9:30pm (no joke, she is crazy)..while I’m more of a night owl. All I do is plug in these headphones and I can watch all the TV I want, while Casey dreams away in our quiet loft.
7. Crew Forming Cream: I’ve been using this hair product for years. All I can say is it is well worth the price tag.
8. Silver Tie Clip: I’m not always thrilled when Casey drags me to antique shops and flea markets, but sometimes I do find a few things for myself. On a past flea market trip, we found a silver, vintage tie clip. It was only $10 and I’ve worn it many times. Cufflinks are cool too, but you have to wear a specific button shirt down for those. I can wear a tie clip whenever I have to wear a suit and tie, and it adds a little pizzazz to my ensemble.
Don’t worry DIY Playbook fans, you’re not stuck with us for too long. Your two favorite girls will be back on Monday.
Leave a Comment
1. Up by Jawbone: Finn and I recently purchased these Up bracelets and were are obsessed. Essentially, they’re tools to track your fitness, sleep, mood, etc. They calculate how many steps you take throughout the day, they track your quality of sleep, and you can even enter your food into the iPhone app. It’s incredibly addicting especially since we’re so competitive. The bracelet easily plugs into your iPhone and you can update your progress multiple times throughout the day. We really like them because most of my family has the bracelet too and we can
compete with encourage one another and stay connected everyday. It’s a little pricey at $129, but if you’re interested in improving your lifestyle…it might be worth the purchase!
2. Dior Addict Lip Glow: I’m not a big lipstick girl. I just think it looks way too fake on me. That’s why I’m loving this “lip glow” instead. It goes on clear, but within seconds your natural lip color is deepened. It wears differently on different lips, but it is just the right amount of color for everyone!
3. Clarisonic Mia Sonic Skin Cleansing System: This little gadget is a lifesaver. It makes my skin look so dewy and glowy. I use it to wash my face and neck in the shower every other day or so. It gets all of my makeup off, and really makes my skin feel (& look!) fresh.
4. Makeup Forever, HD Microfinish Powder: Since I’m on-camera for my day job, I often get asked lots of questions about makeup. Now, I’m no pro and I’ve tried many many different “looks” for the camera. But this powder is the one consistent item in my beauty bag. It’s specifically for high-definition cameras, but it is perfect for the everyday too. I typically put on all of my makeup, and then do a light coating (a little bit goes a long way) of this powder all over my face to finish. It gets rid of any shine, and goes on translucent. If you’re looking for a new powder, this is it. Seriously.
5. The 5 Love Languages, By Gary Chapman: They boy and I are currently making our way through this book. Don’t get me wrong, we have a fantastic relationship! But we also know that every relationship takes hard work, commitment, and most importantly communication! In order to really prepare for marriage, we’re reading this book together. We do a chapter every week, and then do a study guide of questions (found here) every Sunday. It’s a great way to work together to prep for our new life as husband and wife.