The master bedroom.
The canvas quote that I showed you guys on Tuesday is one of the first pieces of the room puzzle that I have figured out. I’m really loving that little nook in our room with the muted tones of green, white, and gray.
But I’m clueless when it comes to the rest of the room. So I decided to put a mood board together to get the ideas flowing for this mini-makeover.
If I could start on this entire room from scratch, I’m not sure if I would go with the green, black, white, gray color combo. But, we’re working on limited funds here people. So I’m going to try and keep the color scheme similar, just more subdued.
1. Like I said, I’m going to keep many of the core elements of the room the same. So that means the current black night stands, white table lamp, and greenery will all still be a part of the room. Maybe I’ll spruce them up a bit though??
2. I’m obsessed with this headboard and bed frame. It hits everything on my checklist. Upholstered (Check!), Nailhead Trim (Check!) Buttons (Check!) Wingback (Check!) I could attempt to DIY a similar version...but I don’t think I could attain the same high-end look that this bad boy has going on. For now, I’ll just save my pennies and hopefully purchase it someday…
3. I’m all about neutrals with a pop of pattern and color. I think this bed setup does just that. I’m looking for a high-quality comfy duvet cover in crisp white, and then I can jazz it up with pillows. Finding bedding & pillows similar to this, is #1 on my bedroom to-do list.
4. This striped rug has just the right amount of “preppy-ness” going on and I like the soft green color.
5. I’ve always wanted to create a reading nook in our bedroom, and for that it is all about finding the right chair. This gray one is gorgeous & glamorous. I could definitely picture myself curled up in the green blanket, sitting on this chair, reading a novel.