I feel like every family has a go-to recipe that is a favorite in their household. When you don’t know what to make, or you’re lacking food inspiration…you can easily whip out that go-to recipe.
Today’s post is all about the fan favorite in the O’Halloran household…cheesy breakfast pizza! If you’ve ever been to a sleepover at our house, then you’ve probably had this in the morning. It’s a staple each holiday for breakfast or brunch, and all of my siblings and I have devoured many of these pies in our lifetime. So why do we love it so much? Well, first of all it’s pretty darn easy to make, and that’s coming from a girl who never ever cooks. Plus, you can prepare it ahead of time and bake it the morning you want to serve it. And coming from a household of picky eaters, you can change up the recipe to fit your family’s needs. My oldest brother loves bacon, my middle brother is a sausage guy, and I don’t do meat at all…so my mom will often make a few different pies to keep us all happy! That woman is seriously a saint.But the best part about this pizza? It’s so darn good, and so darn satisfying. I mean who doesn’t love hash browns, crescent rolls, veggies, meat, and cheese all in one savory dish? Yes, please!
It’s not often that I (the girl who can’t cook) share recipes here on the blog, so you know that this one is very special…
- 1 can Crescent Rolls
- 1 lb sausage or 1 lb bacon or assorted veggies (mushrooms, red and green peppers, onions)
- 2 cups frozen hash browns (or potatoes O’Brien)
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 T. Parmesan cheese
- 12″ pizza pan (I typically buy the disposable ones)
- Press rolls onto 12″ pizza pan to make a crust. Spread out evenly over the entire pan, until you have a full pizza crust.
- Brown sausage, crumble, and drain. If using bacon, fry until crisp, drain, and crumble. If using veggies, saute in butter for a few minutes and drain.
- Layer meat of choice on crust and top with the potatoes and cheese.
- At this point you can cover the pizza and put in the freezer if you want to serve it at a later date. When you are ready to use, take the pizza out and combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl; mix well.
- Pour liquid over layers and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. If the pizza has been frozen, you will have to cook a little longer. Just make sure the center is cooked through.