Hello friends! Another month has come & gone and we can’t even believe it! We feel like it was just yesterday Bridget was out of school for summer break, and now here we are starting July tomorrow! Just shows you gotta take each day and enjoy every second of it…especially in the summertime.
We had another full month around here with a trip to Seattle, B’s trip along the west coast, and some big blog makeover reveals.
Our favorite project of the month was (by far!) Maggie’s condo reveal. Didn’t it just turn out dreamy?
We feel like we were in her place just about every weekend of June, and I’m sure she was very ready to shoo us out of her new home sweet home. But, not just yet Mags! We’re still planning to finish up her bedroom & style her built-ins once they’re all done. More pics and the final reveal to come in July/August. Then we promise we’ll only be stopping by with bottles of wine, instead of our camera, lights, & styling accessories.
Besides that big ol’ project, we managed to fit in some other fun blog posts….
- Painted Outdoor Rugs <– They turned out okay, but next time we’re going back to the way we made them last year. Ya live & learn, right?
- Rookie Mistake…Boring Couch Pillows: We started a new series called “Rookie Mistakes.” What does everyone think? Keep it going? Anything, in particular, you want to see? Let us know so we can provide content you want to read!
- Maggie’s Kitchen Reveal
- Simple Updates to B’s Built-Ins
- Casey’s Home Buying Escapades…
- Source list for all of Maggie’s living room goodies
- Teaming up with Dormify for a Campus Makeover
- Father’s Day Gift Ideas
- Marble Tray Video & How to Style it 4 Ways
- Crate Storage Video
- We revealed all of the amazing Lowe’s Makeovers!
- B tackled some outdoor projects
- DIY Plant Stand <—good if you have a brown thumb and need to take the focus away from your dying plants!
- We spent a weekend in Seattle…
- The Matkovichs then went on to explore the west coast <—seriously stunning pictures from San Francisco & their Highway 101 drive
- More shelves in Maggie’s condo (this time we headed to the powder room)
- Casey revealed she is DATING! (okay…it may not be in the way you think….)
- Showcased some of the not-so-glamorous, but oh-so-useful home products we heart
We also made our first LIVE television appearance last week on WGN here in Chicago. We’ve gotten much more comfortable on-camera when it is taped…but this was our first time ever being live. Boy was it scary, but also pretty darn fun. Click here for our 5-minute segment <— which doesn’t sound long, but on TV feels like an eternity!
Outside of the blog world, here’s what we were both up to in June.
Although I feel like June FLEW by, you will never EVER catch me complaining that it’s almost July because I think I made the most of my time off so far. Heck, when I have the whole month off of work to focus on DIY projects, travel & my summer bucket list — I have no reason but to be over-the-moon with appreciation and excitement.
Beyond our couples’ trip to Seattle and our trip down the Pacific coast to San Francisco, Matt and I also had the opportunity to sneak to Michigan and enjoy “Lake Life” where I was able to check “paddle board” off of my summer bucket list. And speaking of summer bucket lists — did you see my hydrangea bushes blooming?! I vowed to myself that I would keep these new additions of our landscaping alive, and so far so good. But let’s be honest here, I really can’t take all of the credit for these luscious blooms, I think it’s been the record amounts of rainfall and gloomy weather Chicago has seen this month that has made these bushes a huge success. Either way, I’ll take ’em! All in all, I have been extremely lucky so far this summer and continue to be grateful for all the opportunities, travel, and memories that filled my first month of summer vacay.
Oh, and just for the record: Taping a 5 minute LIVE segment on the news is scary, but taping a 5 minute LIVE segment on the news when you’re standing next to Casey, a Journalism major from Notre Dame and previous NEWS ANCHOR/REPORTER, is more than scary!! #EEeeekkkk
We’ve had a wonderful start to summer as well. Our weekends have been filled hanging with family & friends, and of course…house hunting.
We’re trying to enjoy our time in the South Loop area of Chicago as much as possible before we move to a new neighborhood. We recently went to the Shedd Aquarium, went to a White Sox game, and I’ve been trying to soak up how amazing it is to be able to walk to work everyday. All in all, a great June for the Finn family!