Oh October, we heart you! Like any other month, things have been busy around here, but we can’t complain because we definitely snuck in our fair share of fall festivities. Casey has been getting a TON done at her new place, Bridget is done coaching for the year and already scheming some larger scale DIY in her bedroom & dining room. But before we get there, let’s look back at what we checked off our to-do list this month.
On the DIY Playbook:
- Casey’s Bedroom has made some serious progress — a new rug, dresser, & lots of gorgeous accessories
- Did you move recently? Here’s an easy and meaningful way to share your new address with your family & friends.
- Casey shared her master bathroom & included our favorite shelves in this new space. <—-Functional, Fashionable and Organized?! #triplethreat
- Casey also shared her makeshift linen closet, installed a new faucet (holy impressive!?), framed something personal for her new home, and even got started on her second bathroom plans. <– this lady has been very busy!!
- We got our Livable, Lovable Home books signed, chatted with John & Sherry and then shared our thoughts on YHL. <— In short: Miss them…. a lot.
- The only time we get excited about fashion is in the fall.
- Coming to visit Chicago soon? These are the photo spots we highly recommend!
- Have you been making this rookie decorating mistake? <— spoiler alert: We used to be guilty of it. =/
- Casey & Finn celebrated 1 year of marriage!
- You can shop Bridget’s house! Here’s a look at the products she used in her office and on her patio.
- We see more online shopping in your future! You can get Maggie’s living room look in your own home.
- We’re trying to get off the Brown Thumb team, and let our inner gardener shine!
- Need an EASY, affordable and one-stop-shopping costume…possibly by tonight?! Check out $20, 15-minute costumes here
Save the Date:
We are teaming up with Porch.com and Room & Board for a holiday event on Tuesday, November 10th from 6-8pm. There will be yummy cocktails, small bites, a DJ, and styling tips from yours truly at the Room & Board showroom in Chicago (55 East Ohio Street.) If you live in the Chicagoland area, we’d love you to come join us! It will be a fun event to kick off the holiday season, and we’d be the happiest gals ever to meet some of you guys in person! You can RSVP right here!
Behind the Blog this Month
Even though we were busy bees working on some house projects, we still managed to fit in plenty of fun during October. Including a trip to the pumpkin patch with my family including my favorite little pumpkin…my nephew, Harry.
Pssst…don’t you just love how the boys decided to recreate the moving box picture from this post? Poor Finn gets teased a bit for that one. #sorryhoney
It’s nice to have a baby in the family now, because we can do all kinds of fun things with the little guy. Thanksgiving & Christmas will be extra awesome this year because of that too.
As I chatted about in this post, the Mr. & I celebrated our first wedding anniversary this month. We also did a mini anniversary photo shoot a couple weeks later. Our wedding photographer asked if we would pose for some shots so she can promote the fact that she now offers anniversary sessions. We figured, why not dress up and get some free pictures out of it?! So we got all decked out (I used Rent the Runway for the first time ever), hit the town, and our photographer snapped away as we enjoyed a date night. Once we get the professional pictures back, I’ll be sure to share them here on the blog. They are super glam & full of champagne (my favorite)…so you know they’re gonna be good.
Have I mentioned yet how much I love fall? Haha… only about about 500 times so far this season…. but I just can’t get enough of this time of year! The weather in Chicago was pretty amazing this month (far warmer than usual), which made for the perfect opportunity to enjoy some of our fav fall traditions. Matt and I headed up to Michigan to celebrate my birthday by picking apples and exploring some small towns. It was such a blast to finally have some time to unplug and enjoy the day.
Speaking of days off…. I’m officially done coaching golf for the season, which means that I have my nights and weekends back. This extra time, where I used to be at golf, has quickly been replaced with house chores, blog work, DIY projects and a lot more R&R. I love it (!!) and am feeling really refreshed. It’s time to give Casey a break from holding my weight & get back in the blog game so we can start splitting work 50/50 again. Right in time for the holiday rush….
…. speaking of the holidays, you will NOT believe what’s scheduled for Monday’s post here on the Playbook. Heck, we still can’t believe we pulled this deadline off… but we did. Let’s just say we were putting up a tree while sipping Pumpkin Spice Lattes. <– #awkward but #worthit