Is everyone still stuffed from yesterday’s feast? We certainly indulged and enjoyed our fair share of turkey. This morning, we’re actually together working on some content for the holidays. We’re so excited to start sharing lots and lots of Christmas posts. Get ready for gift guides, easy holiday DIY’s, and our Christmas card reveal!
But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Instead, let’s take a look back at November. To us, it’s a month devoted to being THANKFUL and that makes these two sentimental gals very happy. We don’t want to gush too much, but we truly are so thankful for all of the blessings we both have in our lives, and one of those blessings includes The DIY Playbook and our amazing readers. We’re so thankful for this creative outlet and the friendships, opportunities, and fulfillment it has brought us both.
Okay, enough gushing! Let’s take a look at what we accomplished here on the blog during the month of November.
On the DIY Playbook:
- We jumped on the Christmas train a little early and revealed our DREAM TREE. It is pretty darn dreamy if we do say so ourselves…
- We’ve heard from so many people who have tackled this DIY since we posted about it! How’s your grout looking?
- Need a sentimental holiday gift? A framed recipe card just might be the perfect present!
- Casey revealed her powder room makeover (bye bye pendant! hello light & bright bathroom)
- Have you gotten a jumpstart on these 10 tips to make the holidays less stressful?
- We gave a special gift to a very special blog friend
- A little sneak peek of our upcoming Christmas card…
- Casey shows off her plans for a dream guest bathroom (gotta keep saving those pennies…)
- Bridget beautified her hallway, made plans for her dining room, and then gave us a little update on those dining room DIY’s.
- We recapped our Room & Board cocktail party. What a fun night with our favorite people!
- Casey added some privacy to her bedroom: First with bamboo shades and then with some blackout curtains. 3 cheers for being able to get dressed in your own bedroom!
- Get in the holiday spirit with these 10 easy Christmas ideas
Behind the Blog This Month
Our condo got some MAJOR upgrades this month, and I cannot wait to blog all about it. We added backsplash to the kitchen (more on that next week), installed new kitchen pendants, and had a built-in bookcase installed. Here’s a little sneak peek of the built-ins.
Things really are starting to come together around here!
Also, I’m getting LASIK in a couple weeks, so today I have to start wearing my glasses every single day. I am soooo excited to get the surgery, as my eyesight is terrible. Like really really terrible. Like can’t even make out the large “E” on the chart terrible. Anyone get LASIK before? Please provide me with some success stories so I’m a little less nervous 😉
Just like Casey, our house was hustling and bustling with DIY updates. Most weekends of the month of November were spent with my dad DIY-ing the dining room. We drank too much coffee, ate far too many donuts and did a serious number on the dining room. <– On a positive note though… a dining room renovation right around Thanksgiving is the perfect way out of hosting… or in my case, cooking. Heck, I may just want to DIY my dining room at this time every year if I can dodge that bullet. (haha…. JK dad!!) In all seriousness though, this space is coming together and I can’t wait to share the progress once things slow down a bit.
And speaking of slowing down… I absolutely love, love, LOVE everything about Thanksgiving. I love that it is a chance to relax, spend time with family and think about the countless blessings life has to offer. Taking time to “unplug” with my family was the highlight of my month. Being together and sharing our traditions gets me even more excited for the holiday season to begin. Am I the only one feeling like this?! #christmassongsonrepeat #already
OH!! And one last thing!! Since we’ve made a few changes in our home lately, we are looking to sell a few items we don’t need anymore! I know a lot of readers have reached out in the past regarding our dining room table + art over the couch, so before I put these items on Craigslist, I wanted to offer our local readers the first chance to buy. If you’re interested in 4 World Market Dining Room Chairs and Bench ORRR the coral art that used to hang over our couch (full post of details here)… email me!! ([email protected]). If no one is interested… Craigslist here I come! <– Casey has been having such luck selling items from her old place! I may need her to write me a rookie guide to selling on Craiglist, anyone else?