Since tomorrow marks the last official day of May, it’s time for a recap & our monthly coffee talk. We have a lot to catch up on, so let’s jump right in!
In case you missed it, here’s what we tackled here on the DIY Playbook this month:
May 2016 Recap
- Our thoughts on Adult Coloring Books
- Did you know we write a weekly article for a moving company?!
- It’s no secret that we’re pretty obsessed with Target’s home decor section lately as evidenced by this wish list, this indoor succulent garden, and B’s new bedroom mirror.
- How crazy were those before and after pictures from Casey’s guest room reveal?! (Full source list here & a post about the furniture right here!)
- Aunt Bridget has been busy prepping the nursery (thanks for all of the LOVE on the wallpaper and the DIY industrial pipe shelves)!! <— some of our art is on backorder (boo!) so we’re a tad behind in sharing the next steps but we promise as soon as we receive it, we’ll be sharing!!
- It’s a “dirty” job but someones gotta do it, right?! <— getting very up close and personal with Casey’s toilets… all in the name of DIY, of course.
- Here’s a peek at our summer wishlist… what’s on yours?
- Would you consider a mattress in a box? Casey did and is totally obsessed.
- Did you guys know that paint DOES go on sale? <– if you’re in the game for paint, you want to read this ASAP since sales may be ending by the end of the day… TODAY.
- Thanks to Casey’s husband, we all feel a little more motivated to pack a healthier lunch
- In other news…we joined SNAPCHAT! Be sure to follow us at “diyplaybook”
Around the Blogosphere:
We thought these monthly recaps could be a fun place to share some projects, articles, reveals, or just random info we saw on the internet over the past month and found interesting/fun/inspiring/etc. Like many of you, we LOVE reading other blogs and chatting about what we see in the “blogosphere” together. But why keep this conversation between us when you guys may also enjoy the links we are constantly sending to each other?! Since this is our first official “around the web” (new name TBD), these links aren’t necessarily JUST from this month, but hopefully over time we’ll get better at sharing up-to-date content each month. Make sense?!
- Big heart eyes for this swanky Chicago condo
- Cannot wait to see this kitchen reveal!
- A behind-the-scenes look at the making of a blog post
- Well this room looks familiar…
- Our new favorite podcast to liven up our work commutes <— like SOOOO good!
- Don’t read this at work, or you’ll find yourself sobbing at your desk like I did. Amazing speech & an amazing woman.
- Living within your means to pay off your mortgage…. love that and her blog.
- Did you see that this blogger & her family are taking a trip around the whole United States and documenting their travels throughout the process? So cool, we have loved following along via Instagram.
Casey: Right now I’m in Austin, Texas for a weekend getaway with my family. Each year we all get together for Memorial Day Weekend and rent a big house on a lake. In the past, we’ve rented a house in Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. But oftentimes the weather isn’t super hot yet, and we don’t spend that much time in the water. So we decided to head south where it’s bound to be hot! There are over 20 (!) of us staying in a house on Lake Travis outside of Austin. I love this time spent with my relatives, many of whom I don’t get to see all too often. We are very relaxed on these trips…we boat, eat, drink, and make s’mores. It’s always the best way to kick off the summer! Nothing like spending time making memories with your family! Be sure to follow along on snapchat (“diyplaybook”) for a behind-the-scenes look at our vacay!
Chaperoning Graduation — Congratulations Class of 2016!
Pop the champs because it’s official … I am OFF for the summer! Our last final ended last week (!!), which means I am officially “off the clock” until the middle of August. Maybe it’s just me, but does anyone else feel like this year just flew by?! It’s actually a bit scary how fast these years seem to by moving. Now that it’s summer vacation, I’m demanding time slooooooowwwssssss down…. a lot.
Picture from a random walk we went on at the Morton Arboretum – Gorgeous place!
Like we mentioned in our Facebook Live chat a few weeks ago, I’m looking forward to traveling this summer (we’re leaving for Alaska soon — any tips?!) and working on the blog full time. Hopefully more time during the day working behind-the-scenes on the blog means a little more freedom in the nights. <— I say that now … we’ll see how that goes. Either way, it should be a pretty awesome summer with the most exciting part being the arrival of my first niece or nephew in early July!!! We’re a little behind on the nursery reveal because some of the art was on back order, but hopefully we’ll get that soon and share the updates once they happen. Stay tuned….
In the meantime, Happy SUMMER! We’re excited for the next few months and hope that whatever you have planned this summer, your summer brings lots of happy, healthy, summertime memories! #youdeserveit