Lowe’s is sponsoring this makeover series. All opinions and photography are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support this blog.
Remember when we traveled to Buffalo, New York last Spring to makeover the patio of the most adorable and deserving family?
That weekend was a whirlwind of DIY excitement. We had a team of Lowe’s professionals, a 72 hour deadline, and a patio that needed a lot of TLC. But thanks to everyone’s hard work (and a few very late nights!), the patio came together and we were beyond honored to reveal this happy and colorful space to the Wright family.
Looking back, that whole experience was one of our favorite blogging projects to date. There’s just something so special about the opportunity to pay it forward and leave feeling like we made the homeowners a little more excited and proud to call their space home sweet home.
ANOTHER Makeover with Lowe’s + DIY Playbook
When Lowe’s asked if we wanted to partner with them to makeover ANOTHER space for ANOTHER deserving family right here in the Chicagoland area, we immediately said YES!!!!!
How to Apply
As of TODAY, we are officially taking submissions for this Fall Makeover. If you live in the Chicagoland area (or you know someone who does) and have a room that needs a little DIY love, then we REALLY hope you apply. <—– in the most non-creepy way possible, we want to come over and help!
Submission Due Date
All submissions are due FRIDAY (as in 2 days from now!!) so it’s important that you submit your space as soon as possible. Once all of the spaces are submitted, we will read every single submission and announce the winner next week. AHH!!!
From there, we will take you guys through every step of this journey! We will share everything from the design plans, to the weekend work, to the exciting reveal and all the project details in between. We can’t wait to share this experience with all of you.So if you have a space that needs a little love and you live in the Chicagoland area, please, please, please APPLY HERE (or forward this post on to someone you know!) But before you officially apply, here’s a few more details to consider.
- Be looking to fix up a space within their residence.
- Makeover project should be able to be completed within 24 hours.
- Must be the owner of your home.
- Be outgoing, energetic, and fun with unique stories to tell.
- Be comfortable being on camera and/or interviewed by media.
- Be in need of expert design help from us!
- Be able to make quick decisions in order to keep tight timelines.
- Be available for a 2 day period to complete the makeover (September 16th through October 2nd).
- Allow photos of your home to be shared online.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply.
- Complete the online application form and agree to the terms in the application.
- To apply visit this site.
- We will only contact eligible participants.
One More Thing!
We would love to get a sneak peek of some of the submitted spaces before Friday! Snap a photo, tag @diyplaybook on Instagram or Facebook and use the #diyplaybookSOS (short for DIY Playbook Save Our Space) so we can check these rooms out… and start dreaming up ideas!
And for those of you who live outside of Chicago, don’t worry we have not forgotten about you! We have something for you too…. coming very, very soon. In order to prepare for that, we’d love for you to snap a picture of a space that needs to be saved, tag us on social media, and use the hashtag #diyplaybookSOS to tell us a little bit about your design dilemmas. We may have a few things up our sleeves and we’re looking for spaces that need a little DIY love. =)