When it comes to finding the perfect shade of gray… the STRUGGLE IS REAL! The first decision in both of our homes was picking paint colors. We both knew we wanted a light shade of gray and finding that perfect gray was an overwhelming task because there are so many options to choose from. <— please tell us we’re not alone in feeling this way?
Finding the Perfect Shade of Gray Paint
All of our favorite brands of paint offered lots of different shades of gray, and figuring out which shades we loved from each brand in order to narrow down our search seemed downright impossible. That’s when we turned to our readers and asked them, “what gray paint do you absolutely LOVE in your home?!”.
The response was overwhelming and quite honestly, SO helpful. Hearing the names of some of these reader-tested, reader-approved grays has really helped us identify which ones we should take a closer look at. From there, we were then able to advance our search by narrowing this collection down even more and bringing home samples of those remaining colors to test out in the given space. Eventually, those samples led us to our answers, but looking back we realized that the list of grays we collected from you guys continues to be our best place to start in this process.
Share the Love
That’s when we figured that others could be struggling with the same exact process. Why not make this reader-tested-reader-approved list of gray paints available for EVERYONE to use when starting their search?
And that’s what today’s post is all about. You may not need this list today, or not even this year, but hopefully, you can bookmark it (or pin it) so that when the day comes to choose the perfect shade of gray, you’ll have a resource to help make this overwhelming task a bit more attainable.
Favorite Gray Paint Colors
So without further ado, here is the complete list of ALL the Gray Paint Colors that our readers love and recommend to others:
Benjamin Moore Colors
- Benjamin Moore Shoreline
- Benjamin Moore Gray Owl (this is actually throughout Casey’s entire home!)
- Benjamin Moore Harbor Gray
- Benjamin Moore Plantinum Gray
- Benjamin Moore Edgecomb Grey
- Benjamin Moore Shoreline
- Benjamin Moore Moonshine (light blue grey)
- Benjamin Moore Stormy Monday
- Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter (A greige Bridget has throughout her home)
- Benjamin Moore Sea Salt (Greige)
- Benjamin Moore Winter White (light gray)
- Benjamin Moore Collingwood
- Benjamin Moore Horizon
- Benjamin Moore Pelican Gray
Sherwin Williams’ Colors
- Sherwin Williams Amazing Gray
- Sherwin Williams Repose Grey
- Sherwin Williams Perfect Greige
- Sherwin Williams Passive
- Sherwin Williams Argos
- Sherwin Williams Crushed Ice
- Sherwin Williams Requisite Grey
- Sherwin Williams Functional Grey
- Sherwin Williams Mindful Grey
- Sherwin Williams Nebulous White (super-duper light grey)
- Sherwin Williams Anew Gray
- Mineral by Behr
- Crooked Creek by Behr (Bridget used this in her bathroom)
- Irish Mist by Behr
- Silver Drop by Behr
- Stony Ground by Farrow and Ball
- Glidden’s Universal Grey (we used this on B’s DIY Barn Door)
- Restoration Hardware’s Graphite
- Stony Path by Valspar
- Ruffled Feathers by Dulux
- Frappe by Valspar (Green undertones)
- Filtered Shade by Valspar (We used this in the Lowe’s Bedroom Makeover)
Hopefully, this list will be a resource for you when it’s time to find that perfect gray for your next paint project! And if you happen to stumble upon a gorgeous new gray, please leave it in the comments below and we will add it to the master list for everyone to see.