Pour yourself a fresh cup of coffee, get cozy, and let’s take a well-deserved break and catch up about November 2019.
My Recent Buys
- I got these stockings and these brass holders this month. When I asked Finn if he wanted “Finn,” “Mike,” or “Michael” on his he said we should just do “Mom” & “Dad” because that’s what we’ll be known as in our house from now on. I’m pretty sure my heart swelled up with so much love that I thought it would burst!
- I asked for your advice on new kitchen stools and you guys gave me some great options! I ended up getting three of these for our kitchen island and they’re fantastic! Durable, comfortable, and an awesome price. Totally recommend.
- J.Crew had a big sale earlier this month (and it’s going on again right now!) and I ended up getting these earrings, this maternity top, and these slippers. I’ve worn the slippers every single day since getting them. What an awesome gift for yourself or a loved one!
- I’m not working on our guest room just yet, but it was just feeling so blah. I scooped up this colorful lumbar pillow and it’s looking a bit happier in there!
- I’ve been working on my Amazon storefront (have you checked it out yet?!) and I’m finding so many awesome items. I ended up getting these trendy headbands (6 of them for $16) and these new sneakers. Obsessed with all of them!
- I’ll be sending out our Christmas cards on Friday and wanted to show you how they turned out. I love the simple design and how the pictures really pop! Plus, I had them all addressed (for free!) on Minted and also included my return address on there. No handwriting for me!
The Click List
- Why you should pretend to be a home blogger.
- One-Pot Chicken Chili (Kim & Scott made this for dinner when we visited their house and we can vouch for how delicious it is!)
- How often to clean your water bottle. (oh boy, I need to clean mine more…)
- Mandi rocked this room & I even got to see it in person on our NYC trip. That DIY wall is insanely cool.
- Michael is the King of Christmas and I adore the subtle holiday touches he added to his kitchen.
- My One Room Challenge Faves: Obsessed with this light blue kitchen, love the dark walls in this bathroom, digging the trim in this bedroom, and so much inspiration from this organic bathroom.
Finn Family Updates – November 2019
Obviously, the big news this month is our Baby Finn announcement. I was so excited to finally share the details with all of you. It was tough keeping it a secret from this community, let me tell ya. I’ve heard from so many people all over the world..some who battled infertility themselves and others who are still in the thick of it. Finn and I were actually asked to go on the local news next week to share our story. I love raising awareness about such an important topic, so of course, we said yes! We’ll be on ABC 7 at 11:00 am next Wednesday, December 4th if you’re local!
We’ve spent the last two weekends working on our laundry room and it has been such a fun project. I’m planning to share all of the details about phase 1 (installing the cabinets & butcher block) next week on the blog, but it has been a good (time-consuming) challenge for us. If you want to see where we’re at now, check out the “laundry room” highlight on my Instagram profile. It feels so good seeing quick progress and going to bed with a tired body that worked hard all day!
We also had a sleepover with friends last weekend. We get together with three other couples (girls I’ve been friends with since childhood!) every few months and we always have a blast together (clearly, the guys had a good time with their little boy band photoshoot!). It was so fun to host everyone at our new house for the first time.
And if you’re doing any shopping over the next few days, be sure to check out the gift guide.
So many items in the guide are on sale and I want to scoop them up. I’ll be sharing more deals on Black Friday, but so many sales have already started!
I hope you have an amazing Thanksgiving tomorrow. We’re hosting and I’m sure I’ll be sharing lots on Instagram stories (Finn is excited to cook the bird!). And how about my fun “FEAST MODE” sign? We have so much in this life to be grateful for and I adore a holiday devoted to reflecting on that (oh, and the food too!). I’ll see you back here on Friday for my best Black Friday sales!!Casey