Hi, I’m Bridget and I am one of the co-founders of the DIY Playbook. When I’m not blogging you can find me spending time with my husband, Matt, and our only son, Ben. We call him #ourperfectgentleBen because he’s just that, a dream baby that has the most easy-going personality. And when I’m not with them, you will find me knee-deep in lesson plans and papers to grade as a High School Special Education teacher. I’m fortunate to teach at the high school I graduated from (Go Eagles!) and even luckier to work alongside my amazing husband. And yes, we met at work even after both insisting we would never date a co-worker. I’m happy he broke his own rule because meeting him at work turned out to be the perfect start to our happily ever after.
When it comes to blogging, it seems like yesterday that Casey somehow convinced me to step way outside my comfort zone and give this blogging journey a try. That’s what best friends are for, right?! I could’ve never imagined how much this slice of the internet would change my life, but boy am I grateful that it did.
I’m not a professional DIY-er (heck, I didn’t even know how to use a drill before The DIY Playbook!) but this lack of experience doesn’t stand a chance against my drive to create a home that I love. If you’re just jumping into the DIY game & feeling a bit nervous, I’m here for you… cheering you on every step of the way because I know that you can do this!
A Few Things You Might Not Know About Me:
- I’m obsessed with my family.
- A chocolate shake is my drink of choice.
- I have a love-hate relationship with succulents.
- I am a “cryer”. Happy stories, sad stories — pass me the tissues, I’m going to need them.
- My favorite celebrity is Lester Holt, he’s such a class act.
- No matter where I am, chances are my camera is probably there too. Blogging or not blogging, taking photos is my jam.
- “Work Hard & Be Nice to People”… in a complicated world, sometimes it really is just that simple.