Our Save the Dates…
The wedding planning is moving along quite nicely!
Venue – Check! (<—vintage enthusiasts…you’re gonna die when you see this place! loooove!)
DJ – Check!
Dress – Check!
Caterer – Check!
Yep, things are rolling right along and we cannot wait for our October wedding. But over the past few months, we’ve had a big thing on our checklist looming over our heads…our save the dates! We knew we wanted to send them out in January (9 months before the big day!), but the we had absolutely no idea what kind of save the dates we wanted.
However, we did have a few save the date must-haves and we created a list to help ease us into process.
1. Personal & Unique: We wanted them to set the tone for our wedding where we hope to make the day anything but “cookie cutter.” Therefore it was a must that we could use our own words, fonts, and overall style on our cards.
2. Feature a few pictures: This was an absolute must. We had such a great time shooting our engagement pictures and including a couple pictures was definitely on the list.
3. Showcase our Love Story: Our wedding theme is “love letters” and we’re hoping to make every detail very romantic. Therefore, we wanted our save the dates to tell our love story that has spanned 10 years.
4. Postcard Format: In order to save a bit of money, we knew we wanted to do postcards. You don’t have to pay for envelopes and postcard stamps are only $.33! #rookiebudget
5. Feature our stamp: We received a gorgeous stamp from Studio 255 and I knew that I wanted a place on the save the date to stamp away.
With my list of must-haves, I scoured the internet in search of a great shop to design and print our save the dates. That’s when I came across MagnetStreet. They offer hundreds and hundreds of different options for save the date cards (magnets, postcards, regular cards, everything!) But it wasn’t the wide variety that caught my eye, it was the ability to personalize each option. You can upload your photos, choose your color palette, and even change the wording and font for any of the cards. I instantly knew that this was the perfect option for me! Instead of some random designer (who doesn’t know me or my style) having all of the creative freedom…the creative freedom would be all mine! I was sold!
The site offers a filter so you can easily find anything available in your style, size, color, etc…but I’m not gonna lie, I looked through just about every single option! It was just so fun to check them all out and weed through to find one that fit our needs.
Once I found the right card, I got to work inserting our pictures, colors, and wording. Here’s what we came up with…
I’m Casey Finn, the voice behind The DIY Playbook. I’m a Chicago gal teaching you how to design, DIY, and maintain your home…by yourself! Learn more about me right here.