Browse: Furniture

  • Favorite Home Items We’ve Had for Years and Still Love

    Favorite Home Items We’ve Had for Years and Still Love

    As you guys know, we’re both big purgers. So if we don’t love an item, it will probably make its way out our door within a few months. But there are some items we’ve had for years and still love…

  • A Bold, Black Side Table in the Family Room

    A Bold, Black Side Table in the Family Room

    I’d say we are just about 85% done with this room and the best part is that the remaining 15% is probably my favorite part. This is where today’s post comes in, a mini update that adds both function and style into the family room…

  • Finding a Record Console for the Family Room

    Finding a Record Console for the Family Room

    A few weeks back, I revealed the new coffee table in our family room. I’m still obsessed with this round piece and can’t believe I waited so long to pull the trigger. When we discussed my new coffee table, I mentioned that I was now on a hunt for a record console. Our awesome neighbors are

  • Reader SOS – Designing an Extra Room

    Reader SOS – Designing an Extra Room

    We are back with another “DIY Playbook, Save our Space!”. You guys have been emailing us about your Reader SOS and we’ve been able to get a little glimpse into some of the design problems you’re having when it comes to decorating. Today we are tackling an “extra room” that needs to be functional, with a lot of storage yet pretty at the same time…

  • I Finally Have a New Round Coffee Table!

    I Finally Have a New Round Coffee Table!

    I’m embarrassed to admit that I have been looking for the perfect coffee table for about 9 months. Yes, it has taken that long to find the right one for our space. But I’m so happy with the one we chose…

  • Finding An Extra Long Couch to Fit in Our New House

    Finding An Extra Long Couch to Fit in Our New House

    It’s been four months since we moved-in and I’m happy to report, we finally have a couch! I don’t think anyone is more excited about this new development than Matt. Today I’m breaking down what took so long, why we chose this couch, and what exactly I love about it…

  • Casey’s New Leather Bench in the Master Bedroom

    Casey’s New Leather Bench in the Master Bedroom

    I’m at the point in our home journey where I’m going around my home and replacing items that I no longer love, or ones that just don’t really feel like my style anymore. So it was time for the traditional bench in our master bedroom to go…

  • Office Updates: Shelves, Rug & a New Light

    Office Updates: Shelves, Rug & a New Light

    Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Wayfair. All opinions and photography are our own and are not influenced by Wayfair. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The DIY Playbook Last time we chatted, I updated you guys on the progress of our DIY Barn Door in the office. I should have some detailed updates

  • Rookie Mistake: Matching Furniture

    Rookie Mistake: Matching Furniture

    Are you making this big design faux pas? I’m not a huge fan of matching sets of furniture. Here’s why and how to fix it…

  • DIY Hairpin Table – 2 ways

    DIY Hairpin Table – 2 ways

    Between Bridget’s quest for a new coffee table, my search for bathroom lights, and Bridget’s office makeover…we’ve both been doing quite a bit of online home shopping. And even though we adore looking for home decor pieces, we also love when we can DIY instead of buying! When Hairpin Legs reached out to see if