25 things you probably didn’t know about Bridget
On Tuesday, Casey shared all of her dirty secrets. Today it’s my turn to dish all of the details about my life. So here we go…
1. I would eat Panera for every meal of the day if I could. I love sandwiches and would take a sandwich-style meal over a nice dinner any day. <– cheap date!
4. I am a “cryer”. Happy stories, sad stories — pass me the tissue, I’m going to need it! It’s so bad that once I was on an interview committee and when the interviewee told a sentimental story, I cried. The.ugly.cry… in front of the entire panel (including my boss). Holy Awkward.
6. I have a terrible memory, except when it comes to driving & directions.
7. I grew up playing golf with my sisters (thanks to our dad). I played in high school, was a state qualifier and now I’m a Varsity Girls’ Golf Coach at a high school in the district that I work in.
8. I worked at a golf course growing up for 10 years.
15. I pretty much only watch non-fiction shows on TV. CNN, Dateline, Documentaries… love them all.
17. In college I got a job as a waitress, which was the worst experience ever for someone who has a terrible memory. Think a flustered Bridget coming back to the table 15 minutes after the orders were placed saying something like, “I’m sorry sir, what was it that you ordered again?”
20. A lot of people tell me I look just like my mom, and I’m always so honored to hear that.
21. I go to bed no later than 9:00pm every night.
22. I have to eat something sweet after every meal — I call it a chaser.
23. I was a tom-boy growing up.
25. When I shower, get ready, clean the house or work on the blog, I’m probably listening to music yet I’m so clueless about music. Artists names, song names — no clue, i just like listening.
P.S. We were BLOWN AWAY by the love & support we received yesterday for our blog’s 2nd birthday. A big thank you to everyone who took some time to show their support and complete our survey. We learned a lot about what you guys want to see here on the blog & we can’t wait to put it into action this spring!
I’m Casey Finn, the voice behind The DIY Playbook. I’m married to Finn & mom to Rory and Ellis. Together we’re creating our dream home in Chicago, one DIY project at a time.