Yes, you read that right…. The DIY Playbook got a mobile makeover and we are so excited to share the updates with you guys! This update has been a LONG time in the making and we are so grateful that we can finally check it off of our to-do list. But more importantly, we are even more excited that readers can read, navigate, and search the DIY Playbook on their phone A LOT easier!!
Over half of our readers read the daily DIY Playbook post on their phones, which makes sense because as blog readers ourselves that’s where we read a lot of our favorite blogs too. The problem was that the mobile version of The DIY Playbook was NOT user-friendly to read or to navigate, which was a huge problem in our eyes.
We want ALL of our readers to have a positive experience when they check-in each day and having a mobile site that wasn’t “up to par” meant that over half of our readers weren’t getting the quality we approve of. <— how embarrassing, right?!
Long story short, for the past few months we have been working closely with our tech team to make some serious upgrades. Here’s what we changed in order to make The DIY Playbook far more “Mobile Friendly”:
- Easy Search Bar – Type anything in the top (it’s the little magnifying glass icon on the top left) and it should be easy to find the post you’re looking for!
- Navigate the Important Tabs – Hit the 3 lines on the top right and you can easily find our home tours, contact form, and other important pages
- Cleaner Homepage – The homepage is looking soooo much better! The daily post is truncated, and then you can easily navigate the last few posts via the photos beneath it.
- Pictures are Bigger
- Font color is Darker and Easier to Read
- Posts are Categorized – If you check out the individual categories in the play by play (i.e. fashion, travel, home decor, etc.) you’ll find a scrolling list of all of the posts within that category.
- Easier to click around – now you shouldn’t have to zoom in on the page to click on the drop down menus or search bars. We hate when that happens and usually end up clicking on the wrong thing entirely so we wanted to do everything we could to avoid that problem on our new mobile site.
If you’re tuning in on your phone today (or any day!), we hope these changes make your experience way better. We made these changes last week so you may have noticed a few things were a bit “weird” for a 24 hour period when we rolled over the old site to the new layout. That being said, if you’re still noticing anything weird or out-of-place please don’t hesitate to let us know so we can fix it ASAP!
And whether you’re part of the group that reads on a desktop or the group that reads via mobile, we are so lucky to have you on the DIY Playbook team. Thank you so much for taking time out of your very busy day to visit our tiny slice of the internet. We are forever grateful for all of your support!!Bridget&Casey