Pour yourself a fresh cup of coffee, get cozy, and let’s take a well-deserved break and catch up about March 2020.
My Recent Buys
- I’m gearing up for birth and postpartum life, so I’ve stocked up on a few necessities that other moms have told me about. First, I got this FridaBaby Postpartum Kit that’s full of all kinds of goodies to help heal after the birth (like disposable underwear…sexy, I know!). I also ordered a few items from Target including this nursing bra, this one too, this nightgown/nursing dress, and this nursing tank.
- Since I haven’t been out and about shopping for home decor at my usual spots, I’ve ordered a few items from Amazon & Target. I got this lumbar, this fluffy pillow, and this blush pillow for the nursery window seat. Also, this wood frame for a photo on the nursery built-ins.
- When we built our office built-ins we opted for inexpensive base cabinets. To make them feel a bit more luxurious, we added soft close hinges to the doors. Finn added these and now there’s no more accidental slamming! I highly recommend picking these up if you want to upgrade your kitchen or bathroom vanity cabinets.
- I bought this label maker and it was a fantastic buy. If you’re in the organizing mood, I highly recommend it!
Finn’s Recent Buys
Finn has been working from home with me for the past few weeks (he stole the office…the scoundrel!), so he thought it would be fun to theme his fave items this month to work from home essentials!
I love this high-quality and affordable monitor for under $100. I just bought it and I like being able to move it all around your home in case you don’t want to mount it, or you don’t have a designated home office space.
- Casey uses this office chair in the living room. It’s lightweight and great on her back.
If you have more than one monitor at home and don’t have a docking station, this HDMI splitter is a cheap and easy way to get your laptop spread across both screens.
I use this wireless keyboard and mouse. That means that I have two fewer cords to plug in and they make connecting to monitors and other screens super easy.
- We bought two of these space heaters for our house. Instead of heating our entire home at once, we each keep one near us when working. It’s definitely helping us save on our utility bill.
The Click List
- Tips to make room for baby (in a small 800 square foot house)
- I love every single one of Sarah’s reveals. This DIY bathroom is no exception.
- If Dr. Seuss wrote about our world right now.
- You don’t have to make the most of being quarantined. Take the pressure off.
- How to support others during COVID-19
- The penguins at the Shedd Aquarium had a little fun with no visitors.
- This moody office is dreamy.
Finn Family Updates – March 2020
Wow, what a month it has been with this global pandemic. I hope everyone is hanging in there and staying healthy and safe. We have been isolating ourselves at home since long before Illinois’ shelter-in-place began. We just can’t risk getting sick with the baby coming, so home is where it’s at. Our new motto is “nesting & resting” and we’re doing our best to make the most of this slow time together.
As you guys saw from this post, we were able to squeeze in our baby shower right before the pandemic got bad. The timing worked out in our favor and it’s crazy thinking I might not see many of those women for months and months. If our shower was a week later, we absolutely would have had to cancel. Plus, Finn’s family (isn’t our sleepy nephew adorable?!) was able to come in from Houston for the festivities and it was wonderful to see them one last time before the baby comes!
Finn and I have gotten into a routine around here. He works upstairs in the office, I work downstairs in the living room, and somehow it works. We break for snacks and lunch and then spend the night hanging on the couch (sometimes playing virtual games with family) or working in the nursery. It’s our “new normal” around here. The shelter-in-place mandate for Illinois continues until April 7th, but I doubt we will be going anywhere except my doctors’ offices until it’s time to deliver this baby at the end of the month.
I’m sending good vibes to each and every one of you. Stay safe, stay healthy, and try your best to stay positive. We will get through this together.Casey