Pour yourself a fresh cup of coffee, get cozy, and let’s take a well-deserved break and catch up about March 2021.
My Recent Buys
- The sconces in the bedroom finally arrived and I had an electrician install them last week. They look fantastic! I’ll share more in a blog post next month, but for now, here is a sneak peek of those beauties.
- Now that the snow has melted (thank goodness!), I’ve been getting a lot of use out of my Sorel wedges. They’re so comfortable and easy to throw on.
- Our porch took a beating this winter, so I recently gave it a good sweep and scrub. I also replaced our outdoor rugs with this large striped rug with this doormat on top of it. I also scooped up this spring wreath. Those little changes are breathing new life into the front of our house.
Finn’s back this month sharing a few recent purchases for both himself and Miss Rory…
- We watch Rory’s baby monitor on our iPad and recently upgraded to this stand for it. It’s the coolest accessory for anyone with a tablet because you can change the angle so easily. We used to have a clunky cover that folded, but this thing is a gamechanger. Plus, it’s great when we FaceTime with family.
- With the weather finally warming up I need to get some new comfortable slip-on shoes for everyday use, even if they’re just for walks to the park with Rory. These are great. I’m always a big Cole Haan fan.
- Our first-floor bathroom has the best shower but it is also for guests and needs to stay tidy. Casey bought this hanging shower caddy to hold my shampoo bottles and I love that it hides the clutter in the shower curtain.
- I’m officially in charge of Rory’s wardrobe, so I was extra excited to buy her a few things for her upcoming baptism. (More on that below.) I got her this blingy headband and these white shoes. Can’t wait for the big day next month.
The Click List
- This DIY dining room in this Victorian is a showstopper. The Renovation Husbands nail it every time.
- This shower made me stop in my tracks. Major inspo for our main bathroom reno someday.
- Design mistakes to avoid on starter homes.
- Holy smokes, NYC brownstone dreams right here.
- This writer shares her experience as an Asian-American woman. We must support the AAPI community now more than ever.
Finn Family Updates – March 2021
Before we talk about how glorious the weather has been – hooray for no more big snowstorms – I want to share our winter video. You can view it below or on YouTube right here.
My Favorite Parts
- :13 Baby giggles are my favorite!
- :48 Watching Dada shovel.
- 1:12 A sneak peek at our new bedroom dresser.
- 1:30 Rory loves raising her arms!
- 2:09 “Mama” will always melt my heart.
Now, onto talk of spring! We had a wonderful month here at home. We celebrated Finn’s 33rd birthday earlier this week. He always just wants to have some time to watch March Madness, so he has been in basketball heaven over here!
We are also gearing up for an exciting April, including Rory’s baptism and first birthday party, all wrapped up in one! We planned to get Rory baptized a long time ago, but we never felt comfortable with COVID. Now that the majority of our family members are vaccinated and the church has safety protocols in place, we figured it was finally time. We’re doing a very small baptism/first birthday party celebration with only a few family members. It won’t be the big birthday bash we envisioned for our baby girl, but we don’t think she will mind!
Even though it will only be a few people, we’re still going all out with food, cake, and decorations. The theme is “strawberry” since Rory is obsessed with strawberries. Finn bought her this cute strawberry romper and some new bows. We’re also doing a small smash cake and balloons. We’ll FaceTime with family members and friends who can’t celebrate in person. It’s hard to believe that it’s almost been a year with Rory! Can’t wait to celebrate her big day! (I’ll share more in next month’s break room post.)
Taking a Break
Finally, I’ll be off all next week both here on the blog and on social. As I mentioned at the beginning of the year, I’ll be taking a week off every quarter to set some boundaries for myself and step away from work, which is something that isn’t super easy for me. I’m looking forward to a slow week at home with my family. See you back on the blog on Monday, April 5th! Have a Happy Easter.Casey