There is just something about the holidays that steal our hearts year after year. Beyond the stressful to-do lists and the jam-packed holiday schedules, the month of December is simply magical. It’s oozing with family, friends, traditions, delicious desserts, and a whole lot of holiday cheer. What’s not to LOVE, right?!
If you’re coming over from Restless Arrow, welcome!! And if you’re a DIY Playbook rookie, we are so happy you’re here and can’t wait to show you around. Before we dive into Bridget’s holiday home tour, here’s a crash course on all things DIY Playbook.
- There are two of us (Bridget & Casey). We became best friends in high school, loved doing crafty things like making puffy paint t-shirts for the football games, and scrapbooking pics we took with our disposable cameras throughout high school (nerd alert). Eventually this creativity blossomed into a love for DIY & home decor.
- This love for all things home eventually inspired us to start The DIY Playbook, which is now about 2 1/2 years old!
- Since then, we have been rookie DIY-ers navigating our first homes without investing a ton of time or money. And let’s be honest here, if rookies like us can tackle a project right here on the blog… we KNOW that you can too.
- Casey lives in downtown Chicago (she just bought her first house!) and I live in a small (yet cozy) suburban ranch outside of the city.
- Oh, and one more thing. We both have full-time jobs outside of the blog (Casey a TV producer & me a high school teacher) and life has been pretty crazy with Casey moving, my dining room makeover that left my entire house a hot mess, our day jobs, and keeping up with blog work. Why do I mention this? Well these crazy schedules bring both good news AND bad news today.
- The good news: I snuck in a few pictures of the dining room in today’s tour (full reveal soon)!! PLUS, I spent less than $100 to decorate my entire house this year, proving that you don’t have to spend a ton of money to dress your space up for the holidays.
- The bad news: I didn’t have time to put up my tree yet (bad blogger). AND, since I spent less than $100… you may see a lot of the same items from last year’s home tour. But to be perfectly honest, I’m excited to use a lot of the same items and start building traditions around these holiday favorites.
- Now I promise to shut up so you can get to the real reason you’re here — our 2015 Christmas Blogger Stylin’ Home Tour. Come on in!
I’m so glad you stopped by!! Now before you head off to check out the drop dead GORGEOUS-NESS that Julie from Julie Blanner blog has in store for you, I hope you can take away these three things and apply them to your own holiday decorating:
- It’s perfectly OKAY if you can’t get to everything this holiday season. Whatever you DO get to is ENOUGH! <– Heck, I didn’t even put up a tree
yetand that is OKAY!!
- Decorating for the holidays does NOT need to be expensive. Re-working the same items year after year is A-okay in our playbook. (Rookie Tip: Need some xmas decor? The week after Christmas is a great time to buy stuff on super sale. That’s usually what we do if we need anything new and I’ll probably be adding a few new items starting 12/26.)
- Whatever the holiday season has in store for you…embrace it, and more importantly, ENJOY it!! That’s what the holidays are all about.
To catch up on the tour from the very beginning, start here:
The White Buffalo Styling Co. // House Seven // Bliss at Home // Mimosa Lane // Swoon Worthy // Claire Brody //Nesting with Grace // The Makerista // Simple Stylings // Amanda Katherine // The Sweetest Digs // Iron & Twine // Style Your Senses // Dream Green DIY // Hunted Interior // Cuckoo 4 Design // The Chronicles of Home // Go Haus Go // Chic Little House // Burlap & Lace // My FAbuless Life // Desert Domicile // Rain on a Tin Roof // Michaela Noelle Designs // Dwellings by Devore // A Creative Day Blog // Restless Arrow // DIY Playbook (you are here!) // Julie Blanner // Craftberry Bush and starting tomorrow …. Inspired by Charm // withHEART // Dimples and Tangles // SG Style // Brittany Makes // Place of My Taste // Primitive & Proper
How’s that for some holiday inspiration?! As always, a BIG thank YOU to Lindsay for hosting and organizing this blog hop! We are so thankful to be included!!