Video Tour of Our New House
And since changes are happening quickly (we officially kicked off our renovation this morning!!!), I figured now was the time to share this vlog of our #FinnFixerUpper.
I’ve been trying to be better about keeping my video camera on me all the time, so I was able to capture us before we went into our closing to sign all of the paperwork (Finn liked to call it our dashboard confessional since we were in the car shooting it. Ha!) Then, we headed to the house that week and took even more video as we walked around our new property.
It may seem silly, but I’m going to treasure this video forever because it captures our excitement and giddiness over the new house (we’re like kids in a candy store running around the empty place). Plus, the video walk-through showcases the layout really well and you can see how each room flows together.
Before Video Home Tour
You can view the video below or you can watch it over on our Youtube channel right here.
My Favorite Parts of the Video
- :40 Finn enjoying our new kitchen island.
- 2:04 A hashtag we definitely won’t be using for the new house. I cry with laughter every time I watch this part!
- 2:24 Showing off how our house has bangs.
- 4:38 Finn makes up a little jingle about our minty green ceiling.
- We use this camera to shoot our videos, this microphone, this stabilizer, and this tripod.
Thanks for your enthusiasm the last few weeks with this big news! We’re overjoyed and eager to get to work…
I’m Casey Finn, the voice behind The DIY Playbook. I’m married to Finn & mom to Rory and Ellis. Together we’re creating our dream home in Chicago, one DIY project at a time.