Happy Hour No. 14
To us, Happy Hour is a time to sit back, relax, and catch up with friends. It’s a time to chat about everything and anything, and that’s exactly what we bring to DIY Playbook’s monthly Happy Hour.
These monthly posts are a chance to catch up with friends and bring just a little extra happy to your day. So grab your coffee (or champagne) and let’s catch up!
- I have always loved any shoes I’ve gotten from Sole Society and I recently picked up a few of their sale items. I got these lace-up shoes for $45 (similar to my favorites that are on their last leg), and these gray block heels for $40! Can’t wait to wear the gray ones to work this fall.
- This year I upgraded to a “nice” shampoo and conditioner. They’re a heck of a lot pricier than my previous Pantene products, but I feel like my hair is so much healthier since using these. I like the Pureology Hydrate line and get them from my salon or even on Amazon. A little bit goes a long way, so I find that I don’t go through bottles too fast.
- I was recently introduced to the online clothing line called Three Dots and I’m loving their quality pieces. Everything is a neutral (which you know we adore!), and they’re all classic items that you can mix and match. I picked up this tweed knit jacket, this v-neck tee (it’s reversible!), and this lightweight turtleneck (loving the stripes!). A bit pricier than what I normally spend on tops, but the quality can’t be beat.
- I’m slowly starting to navigate the world of maternity clothing (YIKES!! I need all the help I can get) but I ordered a few things from ASOS’ maternity department. I’m trying to focus on buying staples that will grow with me and can be as versatile as possible over the next few months. I bought this sweater and this striped shirt. The shirt is definitely a maternity fit, but I would wear the comfy sweater even without being pregnant.. such a cute fit without a bump!
- I’ve also been on the hunt for fall shirts that aren’t maternity but are a bit more “flowy” in the mid-section. I scored this $23 sweater, this $16 top and this $9 long sleeve striped shirt for such a great deal! I’ll report back on how they hold up over the next month but can you even believe those prices?!
- Just when we thought we could not love John Krasinski & Emily Blunt anymore, we see their gorgeous Brooklyn townhouse and do! The colors, the coziness, the creativity…
- If you love Nancy Meyers’ Movies… you have to check out this article for even more inspiration.
- Fixer Upper fans rejoice with the news of a product line at Target!
- A favorite blogging duo purchased a lake house. Can’t wait to see how they transform it!
- Did you guys see this amazing treehouse transformation? A dad built it for his two daughters and we just can’t get over how amazing it is.
- Another beach property for Young House Love. It’s going to be awesometo see this come together.
- Trading Spaces is BACK! Anyone else incredibly excited about this?! Some of those rooms back in the day were hideous (yet still highly entertaining).
My biggest update of the month was our trip to Italy…and I feel like you guys are probably sick of reading all about that by now! Most of September was spent prepping for the trip, on the trip, and then dealing with the aftermath of vacation.
Once we got home, we quickly got back into the swing of things with lots of laundry, chores, and work. But the routine of the every day definitely makes you appreciate vacations that much more!
I’m really looking forward to a relaxing October. We don’t have too much on the schedule which is really nice! I imagine I’ll be spending quite a few weekends at Bridget’s new house helping her with some DIY projects & decorating! I cannot wait to see it in person and get our hands dirty!
Bridget & I are also planning our holiday content and have a lot to prep for our annual Christmas card photo shoot, gift guide, and dream tree. You may be seeing us wrapping “gifts” and gathering our Christmas decorations pretty soon. But don’t worry…we won’t skip over our favorite season of fall!
What a whirlwind month it has been… in the BEST WAYS possible. Our hearts are literally exploding with gratitude.
We were overwhelmed with the amount of love and support that came with our baby announcement this month!! We can’t wait to meet our little Valentine and could not be more grateful for this new journey. I’m also SO excited that Baby Mac isn’t such a “secret” anymore and that I can finally chat with all of you about our big news as we prepare for what’s to come.
And to add even more excitement to an already amazing time… we also shared that we finally bought a new house this month!!! (Insert all the emojis here). It’s been an emotional roller coaster the past few months, throw in there some pregnancy hormones and wow… I’m happy that September is finally behind us so we can start making progress in our new space before we officially move in.
Like I shared in Monday’s post, we have a lot to do over the next few months but I can’t wait to take you guys along for the ride. SO MANY PROJECTS!!! And I know I haven’t addressed what’s happening with our old house (YET), but I promise to bring you all up to speed once everything is signed, sealed and delivered.
Stay tuned over the next few weeks for those details, but until then — I can’t help but share one last THANK YOU for making my month so memorable and amazing. I’m overwhelmed by the sincere support of this community and am sending you all virtual hugs for making me feel like the luckiest girl around.
P.S. Our 2nd monthly newsletter goes out this Sunday morning! We will send it out on the first of every new month, and in it we share a bit of what you can expect to see in the month ahead on the blog. A little inside scoop for our favorite readers! You can sign up by hitting the “subscribe” button on our sidebar.
I’m Casey Finn, the voice behind The DIY Playbook. I’m married to Finn & mom to Rory and Ellis. Together we’re creating our dream home in Chicago, one DIY project at a time.