To us, Happy Hour is a time to sit back, relax, and catch up with friends. It’s a time to chat about everything and anything, and that’s exactly what we bring to DIY Playbook’s monthly Happy Hour.These monthly posts are a chance to catch up with friends and bring just a little extra happy to your day. So grab your coffee (or champagne) and let’s catch up about our October 2018!
- As I mentioned in this post, Finn and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary. I ended up getting him this pineapple shirt (fruit theme), this floral shirt (flower theme), and then these golf ball whiskey chillers (definitely went off theme for those). He loved all my gifts and I was happy that I did my own spin on the traditional theme.
- My niece turned 1 this month and I ended up getting her a cute outfit from Monica & Andy. Bridget gets a lot of Ben’s clothes from there (the quality is top notch), so I figured a cute outfit for Janie was a must. I also got her this adorable winter hat to go with the ensemble. Baby girl clothes are the cutest!
- You guys know I’m trying to swap out my everyday products with cleaner alternatives. I recently swapped my nail polish for this brand and I’m loving it! My toes are currently painted in the color “beet root red“!
- My family very generously bought me the Apple watch for my birthday and I LOVE it. It doesn’t track sleep, but for me, that’s probably a good thing since I would be all freaked out if I wasn’t getting enough.
- For a girl who loves Fridays and graphic tees, this crew neck sweatshirt had to come home with me! I love it, but for others looking to buy it, the sleeves are more like quarter length and are not a full sleeve. I don’t mind it at all, but didn’t want you to be surprised if you order one!
- I also finaallllyyyy found some work flats. I love the look of these flats and can’t wait until they’re worn in and super comfy. I hate breaking in new shoes!!
- My very fashionable little sister turned me onto the Tailgate line at American Eagle. She ordered this college sweatshirt and I LOVE it (so soft and cozy!). But I was so surprised at how many colleges were offered in the shop AND that they carried professional sports gear too for just about any team. Unfortunately, it’s only available online, but so worth it for the sports-loving peeps in your life.
- Also bought this sweater recently and I’m obsessed! So soft and flattering.
- The 3-inch decorating mistake. Yes!
- 5 habits of highly mindful people.
- Wait, whaaaatttt?! We love LaCroix! Please say it isn’t so…
- Loved looking back at Emily Henderson’s style evolution.
- 10 things you’re doing that make your dermatologist cringe.
- Mandi from Vintage Revivals always blows us away. Her recent bathroom reveal is no exception (that shower door is incredible!)
- Did you see Jonathan Adler has a new (more affordable) line available on Amazon?!
- What happens to your body when you stop drinking alcohol. So fascinating, but I would miss my wine!
The first weekend of the month, I had my 3 best friends from college come to visit. I kicked Finn out of the house and the 4 of us all stayed here for the weekend. I can’t even describe how much fun we had. It was like we picked up right where we left off 10 years ago.
The 4 of us went to the University of Notre Dame and immediately bonded freshman year. We then spent the next 3 years as roommates and shared a house together our senior year (picture above from sophomore year. We look like babies!). We’re now scattered about the country, in various professions, but it was amazing to get together. We did a lot of eating and drinking (hit up RM Champagne, Aba, and The Robey), but mostly just hung out on my couch laughing til our cheeks hurt. Can’t wait to get together again!
Speaking of Notre Dame, Finn and I also headed to South Bend for a football game. I haven’t been back for a few years and it was so nice to be back on campus. Plus, it was perfect football weather (sunny, yet chilly!). I even met a couple readers who saw us there (hey ladies!), which made the trip even better!
This month has pretty much been dominated by the kitchen makeover. Living amongst the dust without a kitchen has not been horrible, but it has taken some getting used to… that’s for sure. I just keep focusing on the fact that it will all be worth it in the end!!
But outside of the kitchen reno, I celebrated my 31st birthday this month (how am I in my 30’s?!).
We also snuck away to Lake Geneva for a weekend and enjoyed all the fall festivities. The leaves were just starting to change, the air was brisk and I was reminded why I love this time of the year SO much. It was perfect and the perfect way to recharge for the busyness ahead.Bridget&Casey