July 2015 Recap & Personal Updates
Oh, sweet summertime. You’ve been good to us. July was a fairly relaxing month for us both, and we were able to tackle some fun projects along the way (& sneak in a trip to Cali!)
We’ll have more details about our amazing trip to Sonoma & San Francisco on Monday…but until then let’s look back at some of our projects from July.
- Our Travel Essentials <— Thanks for having us iHeartOrganizing!
- We introduced a rug company on a mission to help women in Nepal
- Are you on board to shop with intention? No more design regret!
- BLOG WEEK <– What a fun week, thanks for all of the love and support!
- Oops, how was B living with a flooded shower curtain… for two years?
- Do you know a New Homeowner? This gift is adorable and this gift takes less than ten minutes!
- It’s no secret, we love Chicago and this is a glance at our perfect Chicago weekend.
- B’s Office Makeover <– and how about that $4 table makeover?!
- The story of a $30 mirror.
- We finally spilled the beans on the day of filming with Chip Wade + Liberty Mutual Insurance
- More outdoor updates!
- We actually were guests on a Podcast <–first-timers! Thanks for having us ladies!!
Behind the Blog this Month
Casey: I am thrilled to announce that I am an AUNT! Yep, just call me Aunt Casey from here on out. My brother and his wife had a baby on July 20th and the beautiful Harry Patrick O’Halloran was brought into the family. We are all thrilled and I already love this lil’ guy to pieces. The funny thing is I’ve never really been around a baby. I’m the youngest in my family, never babysat, and have never ever changed a diaper! I’m so excited to learn so much from my new little buddy and hopefully in a few years he will have some cousins to play with 😉(B’s family waiting for the fireworks in matching converse…. Twinningx5)
Bridget: July was far less busy around here!! Matt and I had lots of time for just hanging around our house and relaxing. We spent time landscaping, enjoying the patio, we went on a lot of bike rides around the neighborhood, hit up plenty of ice-cream shops and even snuck in some fun summer date nights. The most exciting part of July was probably our trip back to Cali (sorry Matt). Let’s be honest here, a trip with your bestie to chat all things DIY over wine with other amazing bloggers is hard to beat! Oh, and Maggie’s place is ALMOST finished!! Her built-ins were installed recently, and we can’t wait to share the final photos of her living room + bedroom soon. In the meantime, you can find me enjoying every last minute of my summer vacation. I’m back to work in less than 2 weeks!!
We already have some big projects on tap for August…so expect things to pick up even more in the coming weeks. And as always, thanks for being a part of this journey.
I’m Casey Finn, the voice behind The DIY Playbook. I’m a Chicago gal teaching you how to design, DIY, and maintain your home…by yourself! Learn more about me right here.