Pour yourself a fresh cup of coffee, get cozy, and let’s take a well-deserved break and catch up about July, 2020.
My Recent Buys
- I often get questions about some of the jewelry I wear everyday. You’ll usually find me wearing this “R” necklace that was a gift from a friend when Rory was born. I also opt for these thin gold hoops and my Apple watch with a simple black band. I’m the kinda girl who wears the same stuff just about every day, so these are my go-to pieces!
- Athleta recently had a big sale and I stocked up on a few things to get me motivated as I start regularly exercising again. I got this top, this tank, this swimming suit, and this sports bra (which you read about in yesterday’s post!). Having new gear always helps me get inspired to workout! Plus, I pretty much live in athleisure these days.
- I took the plunge and finally bought the tanning face drops that I’ve seen a lot of other bloggers using and I really like them. I mix some into my morning moisturizer two days per week and apply it to my face and neck. Be sure to wash your hands after (I’ve gotten some orange palms!) and don’t rub into your eyebrows when you apply. (I had this happen and they looked a tad orange for a few days.) Overall, it’s a nice way to get a glow without the sun!
- Now that we wear masks whenever we leave the house, we stocked up on masks. Finn ended up getting us a few new masks from his favorite shirt store (Buttercloth) and the quality is amazing. They even have adjustable straps on the sides for the ears.
Finn’s Recent Buys
Last month, Finn shared his favorite baby buys. This month, he wanted to do the theme “Dad Life” for his recent buys. Ha! Here’s what’s making him a cool dad (or at least, so he thinks…)
- With this portable charger, you can charge two items at once which means our baby monitor, sound machine, and other life-saving items (for real) are always ready to go!
- I’ve been using these plastic golf balls all summer long when I get a few quiet moments to myself once Rory goes to bed at 7 pm. These training balls are plastic, so they keep your house and windows safe, even if you’re a terrible golfer. (I have tested this theory!)
- I eat these protein bars constantly. They’re gluten-free, paleo-friendly, and we buy them in bulk on Amazon to keep our energy going.
- This may seem like a dorky buy, but I’m telling you these flat plug extension cords make life so much easier. This keeps a low profile against the wall so you don’t have to pull a dresser out too far. Gamechanger.
- Another dad-life gem are these outdoor sunglasses. I use these for mowing the lawn, trimming the edges, or doing DIY projects outside. I call them my “dad shades”.
The Click List
- This budget-friendly kitchen looks like a million bucks.
- The most darling little girl’s room.
- I really enjoyed this video home tour (and I’ve been lucky enough to see this gorgeous home and it’s even better in person!!)
- Ideas to incorporate family photos into your home decor (that doesn’t include 5,000 frames on a dresser which is a big rookie mistake in my book).
- The colors, the patterns, the details…this bathroom knocked it out of the park.
Finn Family Updates – July 2020
The month of July came with some steamy temps! We did our best to stay cool by setting up a baby pool in our backyard. Rory had her first swim and absolutely loved it! Just check out that face…
I think we have a water baby on our hands! We had a low-key 4th of July, heading to my brother’s house for a BBQ. We were home by 6 pm for Rory’s bedtime and Finn and I sat on our deck listening to all of the fireworks going off in the neighborhood (I turned her sound machine up extra loud that night!).
Rory is more fun than ever. Now that she is awake and active for a larger chunk of the day, we actually get to play with her! She loves playing her toy piano, going on walks, and hanging in the backyard. And she has started rolling over from tummy to back (but she is still not a huge fan of tummy time!). Rory is sleeping like a champion. She has been sleeping from 6:30pm-6am straight every night since she was twelve weeks old. Woo hoo! That has been a gamechanger for us because we all wake up refreshed and ready for another busy day. The other gamechanger has been having my mom around on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays to watch Rory. I’m able to get work done and Rory and Grama have so much fun together.
Last weekend, we took a family trip to my future sister-in-law’s farm in Wisconsin. Holy smokes, what a beautiful place!
We spent our days swimming in the pool, riding golf carts, and basking in the sun. Then at night we played lots of family games, drank wine, and ate s’mores.
Since the pandemic started, we haven’t been able to spend much time together as a family and my siblings hadn’t really been around Rory very much. A weekend away was exactly what we needed.
We were a little worried since this was our first time away from home with Rory, but she was a champ!
She slept during the entire car rides, there and back, and was such a happy girl on the trip. She has never been around so many people, so she just liked sitting and watching all of the chaos around her. We ended up packing the car with so much stuff (it’s crazy how much a little baby needs!) so she would have all of her favorites on the trip. She slept in her pack ‘n play and we brought our baby monitor so we could watch her from afar while hanging with the family at night by the bonfire. It worked out perfectly!Life is definitely more fun with this little one around. It’s crazy how fast the days are flying by…Casey