Today’s DIY project is:
2. Super CHEAP
3. Extra easy
4. Created using leftover tiles we scored at Habitat for Humanity
5. Inspired by Casey’s love for Scrabble
6. Takes less than TEN MINUTES
Beyond the tiles (which you can probably buy super cheap at a tile shop), all you need are magnets, a permanent marker (or porcelain marker if your tiles are porcelain) and a hot glue gun. Now don’t blink, you may miss the whole tutorial.
Simply draw a large letter and a tiny number on each tile. We got out our scrabble pieces and tried our best to replicate the look of the numbers and letters. Let that marker dry and hot glue ONE magnet to the back of each square. Literally, the hardest part of this entire project was trying to break the magnets a part from one another. Holy moley, you should have seen us. #circusactForget words with friends, you and your family will now have a running game of Scrabble right there on your refrigerator! Plus, we think these letters could be a fun way to get the kids involved, especially if they are at the age of starting to read or being excited about their upcoming spelling test.
But wait, there’s even more to “LOVE” about these super easy DIY magnets.
We teamed up with Porch to capture some inspiration and have a little fun with a mini Polaroid Camera from Glazer’s. Our task was to capture pics around our home that inspire our creativity. #weareallcreative and find creativity in all different places around our homes & everyday lives.
And thanks to these adorable magnets, we are able to display some of our fun pictures right on the refrigerator! These magnets not only provide entertainment, competition and spelling practice, but they can also help display some of the exciting snail mail you receive throughout the week!Plus, we were able to display some of our household inspiration that feeds our creativity:
2. Having pretty plants & flowers growing inside
3. Our hunter boots representing the warmer Spring temps and hints of summer
4. Dream catcher = crafts and the opportunity to chase our passion
6. Mixing patterns
7. Peace = striving to create a home of peace, acceptance and pure happiness
9. Candy! <– A reminder to treat yourself… ya only live once, right?
10. Travel and the opportunity to see other places of the world, yet always have the privilege to come back to home sweet home.
How stinkin’ fun are these mini pics paired with these magnets?! Don’t look too closely at our pics though. These old fashioned cameras definitely don’t flatter our photography like our friend Instagram does. Only one chance to capture the perfect shot?! Instagram spoils us. But it was fun change it up with some old school photography for a day!
Sending lots of love to Porch for challenging us to travel back in time to capture things around the house that inspires our creativity. What inspires your creativity?!