Happy Friday friends!! In honor of Valentine’s Day this weekend, we were invited to be a part of a group of bloggers who are letting their handsome hubbies take over their blogs to dish on what it really means to be married to a blogger. Hahaha… Oh boy!
Let’s be honest here, any excuse to let Matt & Finn takeover for the day is a good one in our Playbook, so of course we immediately accepted the invite but when we saw the list of questions (and later their hilarious answers), we were even more excited to share what our +1′s have to say about being married to a blogger.
So without further ado, come check out how Finn and Matt weighed in as they answer 17 questions sent over by our gracious host, Ms. Claire Brody…
1. How involved are you with Casey’s blog?
I’m pretty involved in The DIY Playbook. I run all of our finances, keep track of budgets, I’ve made a few “guest appearances” (like last week’s trophy post), and it all takes place in my home…so I’m always here getting a behind-the-scenes look.
2. How often do you read the blog? Are you an avid reader or do you see enough at home?
I read the blog several times a week.
3. How much time does Casey spend on her blog? What are her hours like?
I’d say 30 hours a week. She seems to always be blogging.
4. Are you the cheap manual labor or is there hired help for that? In other words, does Casey use you for your handy work?
Nope. No. Nah. She is waaaay handier than me, but I’m taller (so that sometimes comes in handy, right?)
5. Describe Casey’s style. Good (she says “please elaborate”.) Really good?
6. Describe your style. Functional. Masculine. Clean.
7. How often does your home change? Weekly? Casey likes to move things around. Especially the shelves.
8. How many different sofas have you had since marrying Casey? Only one! But we’d like to get another one soon. Funny story, I once spilled an entire rum & coke on our white couch. Bleach to the rescue.
9. How often do you offer decorating advice? Does she consider your opinion? Once a month. And no, she kinda just smiles, nods, and moves onto the next topic.
10. What’s your favorite room in the house? Why? Family room, because of the TV.
11. What does it really look like behind the camera? There’s more pajamas being worn than you see on the blog. Yoga pants too ;)
12. What is a project that you hate but have never voiced (or maybe you have)? (Side Note from Casey: When I asked Finn this question, he replied, “Can I go walk around the house and look?” #rude)
Honestly, nothing. I love our home.
(Side Note from Casey: Good answer honey!)
13. Do you know of Casey’s blogger friends? If so, who’s your favorite? Can I say Bridget?
14. What’s your favorite aspect of Casey being a blogger? Least favorite?
Favorite Aspect – That it can be her career someday.
Least Favorite Aspect – Sometimes moments have to be captured instead of enjoyed.
15. What are your household chores? Cleaning the bathrooms, cooking, organizing the fridge, and I manage our DVR.
16. What’s something about Casey that her readers might not know (but she would be okay with you sharing)? She tells you guys just about everything. So this question is a hard one.
17. What does Casey REALLY want for Valentine’s Day, and what are you getting her? She always tells me to just get her a nice card. I got her a date night out on the town!
1. How involved are you with Bridget’s blog?
I have numerous roles for the DIY Playbook. I am the Iphone picture takin’, estate sale drivin’, moral supportin’, garbage pickin’ individual who cringes when he hears the words “Photo Op?”
2. How often do you read the blog? Are you an avid reader or do you see enough at home? I do not read the blog as much as I should. I’m living it, baby!
3. How much time does Bridget spend on her blog? What are her hours like? Bridget is the hardest working person I know. After working from 7:15-3:45 five days a week at her full time job, she will immediately come home and work on the blog from 4:15- 9:30. She never gives less than 110%….ever.
4. Are you the cheap manual labor or is there hired help for that? In other words, does Bridget use you for your handy work? Let’s be honest, I don’t know how to hold a hammer. But what I do know how to do is refill her coffee mug, make sure her laptop is charged, warm up the car for numerous estate sales, and hold her purse while she “talks shop” with Lowe’s employees.
5. Describe Bridget’s style. White, trendy, pops of color.
6. Describe your style. Wood paneling, flannel blankets, wallpaper covered in buffalos and grizzly bears.
7. How often does your home change? As sure as the sun sets and rises, you can bet your bottom dollar that there are home adjustments made every two weeks in Casa de Matkovich.
8. How many different sofas have you had since marrying Bridget? One
9. How often do you offer decorating advice? Does she consider your opinion? No she doesn’t but the vision of grizzly bears and buffalos still dance in my head.
10. What’s your favorite room in the house? Why? I love the living room because of our built-in cabinets. I never get tired of that room!
11. What does it really look like behind the camera? I’m proud to say that what you see on the blog is what you get in real life. I am very, very lucky.
12. What is a project that you hate but have never voiced (or maybe you have)? Cabinets in the garage covered in chalkboard paint with glitter/sparkle handles. Do I need to even continue?
13. Do you know of Bridget’s blogger friends? If so, who’s your favorite? I have never met any of them (besides Casey of course). However, one name that always sticks out is Michelle Cannon Smith…. I think that’s her name.
14. What’s your favorite aspect of Bridget being a blogger? Least favorite?
Favorite part- Knowing my wife is doing something she absolutely loves.
Least favorite part- Taking pictures of my wife from the knees down in order to fulfill the night’s “insta” requirement.
15. What are your household chores? Making dinner, preparing the coffee, taking out the garbage, ironing clothes, grocery shopping. <– (he’s a keeper!! — I’m one lucky lady!)
16. What’s something about Bridget that her readers might not know (but she would be okay with you sharing)? Her reaction to Lester Holt on television giving a news report is comparable to a teenage girl at a One Direction concert.
17. What does Bridget REALLY want for Valentine’s Day, and what are you getting her? C’mon, I’m not falling for this.
Those hubbies of ours — I guess we’ll keep ‘em. Thank you Matt & Finn for weighing in, keeping it real, and giving us a good laugh! If you’re looking for even more hubbies sharing their unique perspective of being married to a blogger, come check out the rest of the bloggers in the “So I married a blogger” blog hop. In the meantime…. Happy ((almost)) Weekend! Whether you’re single, married, or somewhere in between, we hope you take this excuse to indulge in a few of your favorite things this weekend. As far as we’re concerned, calories don’t count on Valentine’s Day (or weekends for that matter) so enjoy!!
A Blissful Nest // A Thoughtful Place // Addison’s Wonderland // Bliss Ranch // Burlap and Lace // Claire Brody Designs // Cuckoo 4 Design // Design Post Interiors // Dimples & Tangles // Dream // Green DIY // Driven by Decor // Emily A. Clark // House of Hipsters // Just a Girl and Her Blog // Life on Virginia Street // Our Fifth House // Primitive and Proper // Style Your Senses // Swoon Worthy // The DIY Playbook (you are here!) // The Makerista