A few weeks ago, I asked you guys for some fresh reading recommendations on Insta Stories. And, as always, you delivered! I know you guys loved it when I shared this big list of summer reads, so I figured I’d share all of your winter reads too.
Our Readers Share Their Favorite Winter Reads
There were some repeats from the list I shared in August, but if I got a lot of recommendations for it I included on here again. I tried to group them so the list wouldn’t be too overwhelming (although this list is soooo long!). I also included any tidbits (in quotes) that you guys shared about those titles.
Let’s start with books that had multiple recommendations from you guys!
Most Recommended Books
- Educated *Most recommendations for this one!
- All the Light We Cannot See
- The Hate U Give
- American Like Me – “Amazing book by America Ferreira”
- Something in the Water
- Becoming *Sooo many recs for this one too.
- The Nightingale
- Before We Were Yours – “So good and based on a true story!”
- Where the Crawdads Sing – “Read it in a day. Ahhhmazing!”
- The Last Mrs. Parrish
- The Alice Network
- The Great Alone
- Little Fires Everywhere
- My Oxford Year
- The Goldfinch
- One Day in December – “A wonderful love story.”
- The Wife Between Us
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo – “So intriguing and such a great read.”
- This is How It Always Is – “Wow, so good!”
- The Man Called Ove
Other Books You Guys Loved
- Cutting for Stone
- Factualness – “If you like non-fiction!”
- The Book of Awakening – “An inspiring essay to read every day of the year.”
- The Rules of Magic
- Defending Jacob – “Awesome thriller.”
- Perfection Detox
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before – “Loved this Netflix movie too!”
- Girls Night Out – “A good thriller. “
- Brain on Fire
- A Gentleman in Moscow – “So wonderful.”
- An Anonymous Girl
- Nine Perfect Strangers – “She is my favorite author.”
- The Next Person You Meet In Heaven
- The Good Girl
- From the Corner of the Oval – “A fascinating memoir.”
- The Dalai Lamas Cat
- The Art of Racing in the Rain
- You Can’t Touch My Hair
- The Art of Waiting *seems like a book I need to read!
- Before the Fall
- Bad Blood
- When the Lights Go Out – “Creepy, but good.”
- The Summer I Met Jack
- Behind Closed Doors – “Terrifying, but so good. Read it in 2 days.”
- The Leavers
- The Gratitude Diaries – “So good and inspiring”
- The Man Called Ove
Books I’ve Read Lately
- Chasing Slow – I told you guys about this book in last month’s Happy Hour post and it’s a good one. It’s non-fiction, but she has such a way with words and is an amazing storyteller. It’s also a good coffee table book (love the black spine for decorating!).
- The Couple Next Door – I read this book on the flight home from Quebec and devoured it on the plane ride. Holy smokes, it was good. A quick and thrilling book.
- The Universe Has Your Back – I already talked about this book in depth in this blog post, but let me just say this has really helped me to reshape my thinking about the future and getting through each day with a little less fear.
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine – I read this book during the fall season based on your recommendations and I can see why so many of you loved it.
- Becoming – I’ve always been a big Michelle Obama fan, but this took my love to a whole new level. This was a long read, but I enjoyed reading every single page. So amazing to see the accomplishments of such an intelligent woman from such a humble background (and from Chicago). Plus, love that she shared her own infertility struggle in there (yeah, girl!). And learning some of the fun facts about The White House was so fascinating (like they get a monthly bill for items like toilet paper and toothpaste…crazy!). Readers have also recommended this as an audiobook because Michelle narrates it herself!
My Favorite Way to Unwind
Winter = bath life for me. I know some people are not big into baths (the whole laying in your own filth thing), but it’s my absolute favorite way to unwind on a cold day! And I like them super duper hot. Before I hop in, I’ll often put on a face mask (I love this one for a great deep clean) and let it dry as I bathe away.
During the week, I’ll often hop into a bath and read for 30 minutes with a glass of kombucha. I try my best to not drink alcohol during the week, so kombucha in a wine glass is my healthy substitute. ha! My DIY bathtub tray also comes in handy to corral all of my goodies.
Getting my body temperature nice and hot before hopping into pajamas at bedtime ensures that I sleep soundly!
Now I would love to know…are you a bath taker? And if I missed a good book please add more of your fave winter reads in the comments below!