Pour yourself a fresh cup of coffee, get cozy, and let’s take a well-deserved break and catch up about April 2022.
My Recent Buys
- Ever since my House of Colour appointment, I’ve been working on adding more color to my wardrobe. Blue seems to be the easiest color to find for me, so I’ve added a lot of it to my closet. I got this light blue sweater, this basic navy tank, and this pretty dip-dye sweater. I even added another pair of jeans to my closet. Since having my children, not all of my old pairs fit and I needed another pair. These are stretchy and high-rise…perfection.
- Equilibria Women just launched sleep gummies – they even have chamomile in them – and they’re so good! I’ve been taking them at night, before bed, and sleeping so soundly. Be sure to use code DIYPLAYBOOK for a discount.
- I recently completed my Spring Punch List and I stocked up on magic erasers to get marks off our walls and some of my favorite leather conditioner for our chairs and leather bench. While shopping, I also added this box cutter to my cart. We get about 5,000 packages a day and I hate the thought of accidentally leaving the scissors out with the kiddos around. This box cutter is safe because the blade can be locked away, so it won’t cut little people.
- Finally, I just picked up a few home pieces from CB2, including this cute light for our main bathroom and this gold hanging planter for my office. (I’m sharing the planter in a post next week!)
Finn Family Faves
Here are some faves from the other members of the Finn family…
- We celebrated Rory’s birthday and she was gifted some special items. She got this cute raincoat and rain boots, these soft Frozen pajamas, Magna-Tiles (she is obsessed!), and this scooter and helmet. We try to be very intentional with gifts for the kids, so this was the perfect amount of “stuff” for her.
- Ellis is growing like crazy, so we’re constantly buying more clothes for him. (He is wearing 12-18 months.) For our Arizona trip, we picked up this shirt in every color, this tank top, and these trunks. He was the cutest little guy at the pool.
- Finn had his birthday last month and I gifted him this reMarkable tablet. He is a big note-taker and always likes to write things down. This is a tablet that looks like paper, and comes with a pen, so he can keep his notes organized.
The Click List
- One part of your life you shouldn’t optimize
- How to raise a compassionate child
- Cleaning tips when you feel overwhelmed
- My new favorite podcast
Finn Family Updates – April 2022
Whoa, where did April go? This month really flew by for me. I spent the beginning of the month cleaning, decorating, and photographing our new bathrooms. Did you catch the kids’ reveal and the main bathroom progress? Each space is totally different, but I love them both so much! I’m eager for the finishing touches on the main bathroom so we can call it officially done.
Mid-month, we headed to Arizona for a family wedding. My family decided to rent a big house for a week, to create a vacation out of it! We rented this gorgeous place in Paradise Valley, Arizona. It had a pool, swingset, and basketball court, so the kids had a ball. Rory was in heaven, spending every single day with her cousins and it made my heart swell.
While there, we visited the Easter bunny. Rory, in all of her toddler glory, refused to sit on his lap. So Ellis got a nice picture with him and his cousins! Ha!
We also attempted to get a nice picture of all of the grandkids together. Pictures of kids are tough. We tried our best, though, and had a lot of laughs along the way!
When we got back, I sent out my first monthly newsletter. I hope you’re signed up. If not, you can sign up right here. I’ll be sharing exclusive content mid-month, answering your questions, and sharing some of my favorite items in the newsletter. The next one goes out in a couple of weeks, so don’t miss it!
I had my 34th birthday last week, so Finn and I made a mini staycation out of it. My mom watched the kids and we booked a hotel at the Hoxton in the West Loop. It’s the cutest boutique hotel and in the heart of all of the city’s best restaurants and bars.
We miraculously got an 80-degree day in April and enjoyed every minute of it. We hit up all of our favorites restaurants and sat outside drinking cocktails and sharing small plates. We even had dinner with friends and it was glorious to catch up with people we love. All in all, it was good for the soul and we are so grateful that my mom watched the kids while we were away. We will be doing it again!
May is going to be another busy month with a BIG reveal heading your way! I’m teaming up with Kim & Scott from Yellow Brick Home to makeover the living and dining room of a very deserving woman here in Chicago. We’ve spent the last six weeks ordering, planning, and doing everything we can to make this woman’s dreams come true. I’ll be sharing more in the coming weeks and you can watch our live on Instagram right here ( we share a bit more background about the project). Then, the entire makeover happens the weekend of May 13th! Lots of exciting things ahead…Casey