The Break Room – May 2022
Pour yourself a fresh cup of coffee, get cozy, and let’s take a well-deserved break and catch up about May 2022.
My Recent Buys
- Our everyday dishware has lots of chips, so I’m thinking about getting these pretty new dishes. When we unboxed these plates at LaTanya’s, I couldn’t get over how gorgeous they were with the pretty edges and creamy color.
- We finally have a working shower, hooray! Our shower niche is not quite as large as I need for all of my shower goodies, so I ended up purchasing this plastic storage basket that I keep on our shower bench. I then got this squeegee to keep our glass looking good and our bench clear of water.
- We ordered these battery-operated bulbs for the Feel Good Makeover and they were a bit too big for the sconces we ordered. I ended up setting them aside and giving them to my mom for the sconces in her bedroom. These bulbs give off a bit more light than the pucks we added back in this post. I want to put these bulbs all over the place!
- It took us a while, but we finally found a large storage bin for all of our outdoor pillows and couch covers. This new storage bin hides behind our sofa and holds all the things!
Finn Family Faves
- Unlike his big sister, Ellis will actually keep sunglasses on when we go on walks or to the park. We just purchased this two-pack of shades and they’re so adorable. We’re working on kneeling and standing, so I got these toys to stick on our mirror and back door for Ellis. He is a fan!
- Lots of new items for Rory this month. Now that it’s shorts weather, we scooped up these no-show socks to go with Rory’s gym shoes. We got her this robe to wear after bathtime, but she wants to wear it all day, every day. It’s so soft and cute. And one more to share for my fave girl…a purse! She begged us for one and my mom ended up buying this pink sparkly one. She carries it everywhere and it’s a whole mood when it’s on her arm. She keeps us laughing.
- Speaking of no-show socks, Finn is really liking this brand of socks. He really struggles to find socks (he wears a size 13) that don’t get holes in them immediately. So far, so good with these and I got some women’s socks from the same brand too.
The Click List
- This indoor/outdoor living space is home goals!
- Insight into the formula shortage. This was an interesting read.
- @sharonsaysso does it again. This post is a must-read and Sharon is a must-follow.
- I’ve been hugging my babies extra tight ever since last week’s school shooting. This post has ideas on how to reduce shootings and this is where I’ll be donating.
Finn Family Updates – May 2022
We celebrated Mother’s Day as a family and it was absolutely delightful. On Saturday, we headed to my mom’s for a brunch to celebrate her! The kids always love a good trip to Grama’s house.
Then, on Sunday, I asked for a low-key day at home. Finn made breakfast, we planted our flowers, and I took a 2-hour nap in the afternoon.
It was heavenly and the perfect relaxing day to be with my family.
In terms of family updates, Rory is doing great with the potty! We bring this portable one wherever we go and she is a pro at it. We have sporadic accidents here and there, but for the most part, she has it down! She keeps us laughing with her jokes, huge vocabulary, and adorable dance moves.
Ellis turned eight months old and is just the most joyful guy you ever did see. He’s eating so much (he especially loves strawberries) and he is sitting like a champ. We’re still working on standing and pulling to stand, but he is getting there. Overall, he is just a very laidback little dude and loves watching Rory run all around.
I already shared the big reveal from our Feel Good Makeover on Wednesday and that was definitely the highlight of May 2022! (I still can’t get over those before and after pics!) It was a crazy three days of work, but it was worth every single second. Seeing LaTanya’s reaction was priceless. I’ll be sharing more behind-the-scenes of the makeover (and a video that will make you cry) on the blog next week.
Finally, this past weekend, I had a girls’ trip with my best friends from college. We went to Dallas and had an absolute blast. We haven’t been together, just us four, in far too long and immediately it was like no time had passed.
We ate, drank, swam in my friend’s pool, and laughed, and laughed, and laughed. I think, my cheeks hurt by the end of it from smiling so much. And another big shout out to Finn for watching the kids two weekends in a row!
I’m Casey Finn, the voice behind The DIY Playbook. I’m married to Finn & mom to Rory and Ellis. Together we’re creating our dream home in Chicago, one DIY project at a time.