How to Install a New Shower Head
[Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Waterpik. All opinions and photography are our own and are not influenced by Waterpik. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The DIY Playbook]
I didn’t plan on touching any of the plumbing when I first started this mini bathroom makeover… heck, I didn’t really plan on any of these recent updates until I hung our dreamy new mirror. But when Waterpik reached out and invited us to review their new Torrent PowerSpray+ shower head, I thought, “what’s one more project on the to-do list at this point?!” and eagerly agreed.
Waterpik Shower Head Installation
My old shower head wasn’t necessarily bad, it just didn’t have any spray options. I was excited to install this new shower head because it has 9 different spray options, which I was hoping would make rinsing the shampoo & conditioner out of my super thick hair a lot easier… meaning quicker showers!
How to Install a New Showerhead
I have never installed a shower head before. I videotaped the process for the video in this post, and was pleasantly surprised to find out that the entire install only took me 2 minutes and 50 seconds! All I needed for the project was channel lock pliers (I bought a pair for $10) and plumber’s tape. This Waterpik shower head cost $35 so this entire project, including new supplies, costs me less than $50!
Video Testimonial – Waterpik Shower Head Installation
P.S. Did anyone else notice during the installation time-lapse when I drop the plumber’s tape?! Ha! The roll went everywhere…
Rating My New Shower Head
Overall, I’m happy with the new shower head, but here’s even more honest feedback to consider. On a scale from 1-5 stars, here’s how I would rate the Waterpik Torrent PowerSpray+ in each of these categories:
- Innovation – 5 stars *****
- I love that this shower head saves 1/2 a gallon of water per minute, has 9 spray options, was super easy to install.
- Performance – 4 stars ****
- Better than my last shower head, love the different spray options, loses one star for massage power… not as strong as I anticipated but still better than my last.
- Massaging Power – 3 stars ***
- I think the stream of water on the “massage” setting is perfect for getting my shampoo and conditioner out faster, but I don’t know if I would use that setting as a powerful massage all over my body (TMI?). I actually don’t mind that though, because I like the idea of saving water over having an uber powerful massage. That’s just me though…
- Style + Design – 5 stars *****
- Sleek, stylish, love the hint of black.
* Waterpik shower heads available at Target, Wal-mart & Home Depot.
Would I recommend you changing your shower head if you’re not happy with your current one? YES! It takes a couple of minutes and I promise if I could do it, so can you!
Would I recommend you get a shower head with different spray options? YES! I’m obsessed with the spray options!
Would I recommend the Waterpik Torrent PowerSpray+? Yes! For the affordable price point, I think this shower head has a lot to offer and is a great addition to our upgraded bathroom makeover.
I’m Casey Finn, the voice behind The DIY Playbook. I’m married to Finn & mom to Rory and Ellis. Together we’re creating our dream home in Chicago, one DIY project at a time.