1. First and foremost, I love the nautical feel of this mirror. You know the DIY Playbook can’t say no to nautical and this port hole inspired mirror was no different.
2. I love the “domed” mirror look. It’s different. It’s unique. And its reflection looks completely different than a regular mirror. The convex curve reflects the entire room…not just what’s directly in front of it.
3. I love that this mirror was made in the 1950’s. (this is engraved on the back). Thinking back on the eventful life that this mirror has had so far is fascinating. How many homes has it been in? Where did it come from? Where was it hanging before?
4. I love that the convex mirror was FREE! Through a little internet research, I saw a very similar mirror selling on etsy for over $60! #score
5. I don’t love the eagle. It’s not that it’s not fabulously federal and completely patriotic, but it just isn’t the look I’m going for.
With a screw driver, a hammer, and a little coaxing…the eagle was gone.
There were a few nails that were left, but with a little more coaxing, the nails were history… literally.
With a little a lot of painter’s tape…